Different thumbnail image

• 3 weeks later...

Delete the original thumbnail before uploading the replacement of the exact same name. Also, play with the new (replacement) thumbnail size. It will probably need to be pretty close to the original thumbnail size, or you are going to have "fit" problems.

<edited to add the following line>

You will be better off using your ftp program for this.

Delete the original thumbnail before uploading the replacement of the exact same name. Also, play with the new (replacement) thumbnail size. It will probably need to be pretty close to the original thumbnail size, or you are going to have "fit" problems.

<edited to add the following line>

You will be better off using your ftp program for this.

Thanks for your reply.

I tried it and I couldn't upload to the thumbs folder to replace the current images.

In my web hosting file manager under UID and GID it says 'apache' rather than the usual domain username, so it seems the images are something to do with the database? I am not usre what it means!

I was wondering though if there was another way eg change the code somewhere and upload a new folder with the images to be used, and the code gets the images from the new folder instead. I might ask on the .org forum if someone could do a mod or something.

Sxx

Yes that is what I tried but my ftp program couldn't do it. There was an error message saying Upload Not Allowed. I changed the permissions but it didn't make any difference. The UID and GID is 'apache' and it seems I can't alter them thru ftp. I am assuming it has something to do with the database but I don't really know!

Yes that is what I tried but my ftp program couldn't do it. There was an error message saying Upload Not Allowed. I changed the permissions but it didn't make any difference. The UID and GID is 'apache' and it seems I can't alter them thru ftp. I am assuming it has something to do with the database but I don't really know!

PM sent.

Guest Skyeways

Easy to test, add an image and then check how they are saved in thumbs and large ones on your server */*

I don't understand how that helps. Does your reply assume I have GD support cos I do not!

I added the full size image (185x185 [3.5kb]) when adding a product, but as I do not have GD available to me I realised I would have to add thumbnails seperately.

I have uploaded/ftp'd a thumbnail of the same name to the /images/uploads/thumbs directory but it does not appear when I have specified it editing the category or product item as appropriate.

You gotta have GD running on your apache server in order to have thumbnails created automatically by CubeCart. Yes, you can work around this, by uploading the "big image" to /images/uploads directory, then making the thumbnail yourself, and uploading it to the images/uploads/thumbs directory...But, this is a hassel!

Hosting is too cheap to go through all this.

My advice is to change to a hosting company that is familiar with CubeCart (or at least will install GD). Look at ".org" forum. There you will find some approved offers of assistance and hosting.