unable to upload images

Guest Wolffie

Guest Wolffie

After a lot of assistance from roban, I finally managed to get my store up and running again.

THANK YOU.

I have uploaded 3 product images but now, every time I try to upload another one I get this message:

Upload Image

Error: already exists please rename the file you are attempting to upload or browse for this file instead.

The images have definitely not been uploaded before, what can I do?

Thanks

Wolffie

www.littlewolffdesigns.com

Guest Wolffie

which images are you trying to upload?> At the moment you have 4 images in your uploads folder

I am trying to upload jpg images stored on my PC into my catalogue. My manage images only shows 3 images stored but, whenever I try to upload another image I get the same reply even if I rename it

Upload Image

Error: already exists please rename the file you are attempting to upload or browse for this file instead

Thanks

Wolffie

Guest Wolffie

WARNING - Your store will not function until the install directory and/or upgrade.php is deleted from the server.

It seems that you started over again */*

Thanks but what am I supposded to do about it? I haven't got a clue what happened. I just turned it on this morning.

Wolffie

Thanks but what am I supposded to do about it? I haven't got a clue what happened. I just turned it on this morning.

Wolffie

You mean you found it like this?

Just delete the install folder */*

I'm afraid that's my fault. I did a fresh install of the shop trying to resolve the image issue and neglected to delete the directory. All gone now.

The image upload problem I think is a server issue. I have re-installed the files with the usual exceptions and upgraded fckeditor. The domain is set to accept all the necessary image types. The only thing I have no been able to check is the GD version of the host.

I'm afraid that's my fault. I did a fresh install of the shop trying to resolve the image issue and neglected to delete the directory. All gone now.

The image upload problem I think is a server issue. I have re-installed the files with the usual exceptions and upgraded fckeditor. The domain is set to accept all the necessary image types. The only thing I have no been able to check is the GD version of the host.

Thank you so much roban.

Now for an "ignorant"? question

What does GD mean?

Wolffie

When I try to check my uploaded images

file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/CubeCart_3.0.12/upload/images/uploads/index.htm

I get this message

Forbidden 403

You are forbidden from viewing this directory.

Why am I forbidden when it is my website? :whistle:

Wolffie

file:///c:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Desktop/CubeCart_3.0.12/upload/images/uploads/index.htm

I get this message

Forbidden 403

Wolffie

The path you are refering to is windows on your local pc and not on a server, is this where you have the cart?

If so try, c:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/CubeCart_3.0.12/upload/images/uploads/

without the index.htm file and it should allow you to view the content of your folder.

or from your desktop open CubeCart_3.0.12 and follow the path with windows explorer.

I dont think using it on your desktop will work for anyone apart from you and the images are not uploaded there but more likely on your hosting server :)

I get this message

Forbidden 403

Wolffie

The path you are refering to is windows on your local pc and not on a server, is this where you have the cart?

If so try, c:/Documents and Settings/Owner/Desktop/CubeCart_3.0.12/upload/images/uploads/

without the index.htm file and it should allow you to view the content of your folder.

or from your desktop open CubeCart_3.0.12 and follow the path with windows explorer.

I dont think using it on your desktop will work for anyone apart from you and the images are not uploaded there but more likely on your hosting server :)

sorry, that is where I have a copy of the database, it is uploaded to my server as well but I get the same answer via ftp.

I also have another problem, I keep on getting multiple copies of the same image when they can be seen in more than one category. I had exactly the same problem beofre I changed server.

How can I prevent that? People do not want to see several copies of the same image on the same page.

Wolffie

I have searched for "fishing" and can only see one image of each product and in one location only. :)

I dont see anything wrong with the site :wacko:

Sorry Vrakas

I went in and deleted them manually :(

Wolffie