Some noob questions if anyone could help?

cb2004

Hi guys and gals. Fairly new to this script but think its fantastic. I have managed to set it up and configure it and am templating it as we speak. But when it came to testing I came across a few questions I would like answered. Sorry if they have been asked before. Wanted to have 1 topic instead of loads.

Postage

I know that postage is worked out by weight but is it possible to add some sort of markup on top as some money could be made on postage. We are not interested in this but would just like to know if it is possible for future products.

Site Documents

Can a site document be added through the script but not be added to the sitedocs section of the script. For example an about page. I always feel the items at the bottom of sites should just be disclaimers. Also can a contact page be created with a contact form etc.

Sub Categories

Can sub categories actually be added to the menu as a javascript drop down or something.

Secure Server Address

I tried setting this up but it broke my script and I had to use the editconf file to restore the script. My store is installed in the root directory here http://www.ultimatebikegear.co.uk and the secure server is https://web29.secure-secure.co.uk/ultimatebikegear.co.uk/. What should I put in the section above the absolute secure url.

Cheers for any help people.

Hi there :wacko:

1. Not very sure, so i will pass for now :(

2. Yes, there is a mod in the .org forum to split the documents.

3. Yes, again in the .org forum

4. It depends on how it was setup by the hosting provider

Reason i am refering you to the .org forum is where all 3rd party mods are located.

Hope this helped a bit :)

Hi there :)

1. Not very sure, so i will pass for now ;)

2. Yes, there is a mod in the .org forum to split the documents.

3. Yes, again in the .org forum

4. It depends on how it was setup by the hosting provider

Reason i am refering you to the .org forum is where all 3rd party mods are located.

Hope this helped a bit :)

Yeah thanks for the help. I dont suppose you know what the mods are called by any chance? Can the mod create a contact page?

Think I will have to start a seperate thread on the ssl issue as that is vital.

Just look in the .org forum under the free and commercial mods area, you can even post there and will get a reply to guide you ;)

Great help thanks. I am a member there so will chuck a post in.

Final question. Do you know if there is a mod to get the cut off description of a product that you get in the categories in the latest products?