LOGO AND SKINS

Guest kimrussell

Guest kimrussell

Hello everybody,

I have seen the skins issue addressed quite a few times but I am confused where do I go to change them. I know in my admin home I have the three options but I thought there was 15 templates? WHere do I find them? Where do I go to change the MAIL?CURRENCY/LANGUAGE option? How do I upload my logo? Please be specific because I am very new to this all.

Thanks

Guest kimrussell

My confusion is where exactly is the style folders? Is it in my store configuration, if so where? or is it somewhere one of the cubecart sites? Sorry, if this seems really obvious, but I am a newbie. ;)

Guest groovejuice

CC ships with 3 default skins. You can select the skin in General Settings of your Admin Control Panel. The files themselves are in a folder called "skins" which you can navigate to on your local computer. Each skin in turn has 3 main subfolders, one for images, one for stylesheets, and one for the template (.tpl) files which are similar to HTML files.

When you change your logo, ensure the image you use is the same size (in pixel dimension and resolution)

as the default one, otherwise you'll need to alter the code in your CSS files (stylesheets). If you keep the same name for the image as the original, you can overwrite it and again will not need to change any code.

There are many free and paid skins at cubecart.org, if you figure that one of the default skins isn't suitable.

If you have little or no coding experience, I'd recommend hiring someone to install a skin for you. You'll find that many of the skin authors also offer an installation service for a reasonable price.

I assume, if you have the upload folder on your pc then you can navigate to there , make the changes locally and then upload them to see the changes live on your site :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

CC ships with 3 default skins. You can select the skin in General Settings of your Admin Control Panel. The files themselves are in a folder called "skins" which you can navigate to on your local computer. Each skin in turn has 3 main subfolders, one for images, one for stylesheets, and one for the template (.tpl) files which are similar to HTML files.

When you change your logo, ensure the image you use is the same size (in pixel dimension and resolution)

as the default one, otherwise you'll need to alter the code in your CSS files (stylesheets). If you keep the same name for the image as the original, you can overwrite it and again will not need to change any code.

There are many free and paid skins at cubecart.org, if you figure that one of the default skins isn't suitable.

If you have little or no coding experience, I'd recommend hiring someone to install a skin for you. You'll find that many of the skin authors also offer an installation service for a reasonable price.

Hi groovejuice

i have just bought the cart, its looks brill. but its a bit beyond me the customising of it. i see above that 'You'll find that many of the skin authors also offer an installation service for a reasonable price'. Could you point me in the right direction please.

thanks very much

Yabs

Guest groovejuice

Check out the commercial skin section at cubecat.org. Find a skin you like and contact the author to ask about customization or installation. The .org administrators are quite diligent about ensuring that the mods there are up to snuff.