Clothing Shop, Sizes and Stock

cb2004

I am setting a site up for a clothing shop. I have created the Product Option Size and have it assigned to my products. I dont really get the options if somebody could explain. Whats the Add/Subtract. Also this is going to effect stock if I have 2 Smalls, 3 Large etc. How can I go about showing this?

Guest groovejuice

The option interface is not the most intuitive, but it does work well.

1. Create an option. For this example call it "size"

2. Create values for this option: xlarge, large, medium. etc.

3. Assign an option to a product and select the attributes from the list. If an item of clothing only ships in 2 sizes, then you'll select those attributes from the list you previously made.

4. If the option and attribute add or subtract value from the original product, then you add the dollar value and use "+" or "-" .

5. If you find the order the options appear in the drop down box not to your liking, you can try prefixing them with a letter (or number?) in a list.

a. xlarge

b. large

If you need to tie these to your stock level, or need more functionality, travel to cubecart.org where you'll find mods to accomplish this.

Guest groovejuice

I believe there are few mods for options. Do a search for "product options" . The particular one I'm thinking of is an inexpensive paid mod by a very reliable and clever contributor.

I haven't used the options myself for a while, but I seem to recall they display in alphabetical order. So if you name an attribute "a. x-large" it will appear in the list before "b. large"