Skin not showing

Guest shadowlady

Guest shadowlady

Has anyone else had this problem? I uploaded my skins etc and everything worked fine then all of a sudden my skin didn't show! I deleted history, browsers cache, widow washed and deleted skins and uploaded again but still no skin showed on my store. All my product pictures showed up but the actual layout changed with no banner or boxes. I hadn't changed any settings at all. I contacted cube cart who had said it may be my host and to contact them which I did, but they can't seem to find an answer. So who has the answers? I can't understand how one minute it works then suddenly changes to no skin. :unsure: Can anyone help? My store home is: http://www.heaveninspired.com.au/Store/upload/index.php and normal site: http://www.heaveninspired.com.au my store and normal site had the same type of banner and look as my store. Any help will be much appreciated!! :D

With FF i can view your store but not with IE, strange.

Did you make any changes to the index.tpl or any other files ?

If yes, i suggest you try and remove them to see if this caused the problem :unsure:

I have no immediate solution.

What I would do is go to the site admin, and select a "stock" skin. If that works fine, then the problem is most likely in the customizing of the current skin. If the stock skin has the same/similar problems, then it has to be the baseline code - or a mod - that contains the error.

what lies between <head> and </head> on your site is a mess and may be causing IE problems. Your quote marks on what appear to be duplicates of individual keywords should be eliminated and your keywords are stacked instead of comma seperated as in this partial example:

mikimoto cultured pearls

freshwater cultured pearls

akoya cultured pearls

south sea cultured pearls

black cultured pearls

rose quartz crystals

rose quartz

rose quartz jewellery

rose quartz ring

rose quartz necklace

They should be in a line like this:

mikimoto cultured pearls,freshwater cultured pearls,akoya cultured pearls,south sea cultured pearls,black cultured pearls

Get rid of the ones with quotes like these:

"cultured pearls"

"mikimoto cultured pearls"

"freshwater cultured pearls"

"akoya cultured pearls"

"south sea cultured pearls"

"black cultured pearls"

Also you have w-a-a-a-a-a-a-y too many keywords. You want 30 tops. if you think you have problems with Internet Explorer, wait until Google sees this. They will regard it as keyword spamming.

Guest shadowlady

Thanks everyone and Roban My site seems to be working fine now. I fixed up the keywords I actually got them off google find a word. Anyway I deleted and fixed thanks again :) What do you mean what lies between <head> and </head>? I'm a little confused */* Thanks again

what lies between <head> and </head> on your site is a mess and may be causing IE problems. Your quote marks on what appear to be duplicates of individual keywords should be eliminated and your keywords are stacked instead of comma seperated as in this partial example:

mikimoto cultured pearls

freshwater cultured pearls

akoya cultured pearls

south sea cultured pearls

black cultured pearls

rose quartz crystals

rose quartz

rose quartz jewellery

rose quartz ring

rose quartz necklace

They should be in a line like this:

mikimoto cultured pearls,freshwater cultured pearls,akoya cultured pearls,south sea cultured pearls,black cultured pearls

Get rid of the ones with quotes like these:

"cultured pearls"

"mikimoto cultured pearls"

"freshwater cultured pearls"

"akoya cultured pearls"

"south sea cultured pearls"

"black cultured pearls"

Also you have w-a-a-a-a-a-a-y too many keywords. You want 30 tops. if you think you have problems with Internet Explorer, wait until Google sees this. They will regard it as keyword spamming.