upload errors

Guest Steven Mc Nulty

Guest Steven Mc Nulty

All,

I am getting the following errors when I try to upload pictures in my admin products section:

Warning: move_uploaded_file(d:\home\hnt27a040\store/images/uploads/bbluewrinkle.jpg) [function.move-uploaded-file]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in d:\home\hnt27a040\store\admin\filemanager\upload.php on line 104

Warning: move_uploaded_file() [function.move-uploaded-file]: Unable to move 'D:\PHP5\uploadtemp\php17DC.tmp' to 'd:\home\hnt27a040\store/images/uploads/bbluewrinkle.jpg' in d:\home\hnt27a040\store\admin\filemanager\upload.php on line 104

I have requested from my host that the necessary file permissions (0777) be set as required during setup. They confirmed its been done.

Anyone ever have these problems before?

Is there a work-a-round I.E. Can I manually upload pictures to my uploads folder via an FTP client?

Guest Steven Mc Nulty

Got an e-mail from my host company saying that when they verified my permissions were set to 0777 they were wrong. ha. So once those were set correcty the problem went away. Thanks for your feedback.

• 1 month later...
Guest snoskier11

Hi,

New here. I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics to my store, everytime I try to load a pic I get the following message. Don't I just get the pic from my computer? or does it have to be on something like sellersourcebook or photobucket? I am using emonster for hosting. Any help would be appreciated as i'm totally not computer savy. This message shows up when I try to add new products or when I try to add images in the image folder. Thanks

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/images/uploads/snowflake_copy.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 104

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpZK4qDG' to '/home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/images/uploads/snowflake_copy.gif' in /home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 104

Hi,

New here. I'm trying to figure out how to upload pics to my store, everytime I try to load a pic I get the following message. Don't I just get the pic from my computer? or does it have to be on something like sellersourcebook or photobucket? I am using emonster for hosting. Any help would be appreciated as i'm totally not computer savy. This message shows up when I try to add new products or when I try to add images in the image folder. Thanks

Warning: move_uploaded_file(/home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/images/uploads/snowflake_copy.gif): failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 104

Warning: move_uploaded_file(): Unable to move '/tmp/phpZK4qDG' to '/home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/images/uploads/snowflake_copy.gif' in /home/lolapopb/public_html/cart/admin/filemanager/upload.php on line 104

This is a permissions problem.

You need to FTP into your site (I'll assume you can do this)

Navigate to /images/uploads - set uploads permission to 0777

Also, set the /images/uploads/thumbs directory to 0777

All should work.

If you're having problems with FTP, search this forum - I know there is a bit of info on that subject.

Jason

Guest snoskier11

Hi,

All should work.

If you're having problems with FTP, search this forum - I know there is a bit of info on that subject.

Jason

So is that from the emonster host or cubecart? sorry if that's a dumb question. Thanks for your help.

Hi,

All should work.

Jason

So is that from the emonster host or cubecart? sorry if that's a dumb question. Thanks for your help.

You'll need an FTP client (filezilla) OR if emonster host has CPanel- you could do it in the CPanel File manager.

If emonster has a different control panel - I think I saw "Simple Control Panel" - it'll be under Manage Files, then change permissions as my prev msg.

If you get stuck on their control panel, it may be quicker to call emonster and ask them for help.

Jason