Need SSL Help ASAP

Terry V

This is the only thing I have holding back my store from going live and I've been messing with it the whole week. I finally got SSL installed on my server. I bought the certificate for maximalperformance.com.

Now what settings do I need? This is what I have and when going to "veiw basket" i get a 404....

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /store/

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://www.maximalperformance.com

Server SECURE Root Directory: /home/maximalp/public_html/www/store

I've tried a bunch of combinations but I've had everything from it messing up my whole site (had to use the config tool), to throwing 404's when I view basket, to giving me an empty cart when I check out.

Should I re-key it for www.maximalperformance.com? That's the one thing I can think of it messing up however i don't think i can even generate a key for that (just the way my server works).

Please...can someone help me here?

Thanks,

Terry

Worked fine for me. Try clearing cookies and refreshing your browser.

What browswer were you using?

Seems to be working fine in internet explorer and giving me the security warning in firefox.

I also noticed that when I log into my admin panel I get a bunch of PHP errors...any idea why? I'm guessing one of my SSL settings is wrong.

Terry

Guest EverythingWeb

Which version is this, as the FF warning was something to do with the SSL config from a while back -although given the time of the day (for me here) and my last few days my mind isn't functioning 100%.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest airjer

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem.. only the opposite. I'm getting the warning in internet explorer, but not firefox! :x

Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem.. only the opposite. I'm getting the warning in internet explorer, but not firefox! :x

terry you are probably getting the security warning on the certificate

I am very familair with install SSL on Servers and setting up CubeCart to use SSL

you had your certificate issued for yourdomain.com.uk

but instead you should have had it issued for www.yourdomain.com.uk

I made this same mistake the first time I did an SSL certificate (years ago)

and my trust ID authority Comodo Group ( I always get the Elite SSL certificate) happily re-issued the certificate

with the www.

because cube cart likes to run around on your store with the www in place

it is best practice to have your cert created for your site like www.yoursite.com

you can however override the warning via Cubecart by setting your ssl stuff thusly

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /store/ (Include Trailing Slash)

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://domain.com/store (Excluding Trailing Slash)

for domains with SSL certs issued with the www. it goes like this

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /store/ (Include Trailing Slash)

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://www.domain.com/store (Excluding Trailing Slash)

for domains who have their stores in the public_html folder and not another subfolder like "store" AND with SSL certs issued with the www.

it goes like this

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: / (just the Trailing Slash)

Absolute SECURE URL to store: https://www.domain.com/store (Excluding Trailing Slash)

If this doesnt work for you then getting your SSL certificate re-issued

is your best bet.

Kinetic