purchase

Guest Zev

Hi,

What kind of learning curve is needed for this kind of package?

do i need to know any or some html,java and so on ?

cause i am kind of limited in that area.

does this package work of a server or on my local computer and than uploaded to a server.

thanks

Z

Hi,

does this package work of a server or on my local computer and than uploaded to a server.

thanks

Z

Hi Zev,

I've found this one of the easiest stores to use (over OScommerce, Zen Cart and a few others)

You don't need to know html/java etc to install or use it.

You may need to learn about FTP (transfering files from your PC to the server - ask here for help). However, your webhost (see below) may have a system (called Fanstasico) that allows quick installation.

CubeCart runs on a web server, and uses a database to store the products/settings etc.

You will need to pay for a web host who will give you an account on a server. Prices and performance vary so don't sign up for a 1yr account!

Quote these requirements:

PHP 4.1.1 + (Scripting Language)

MySQL 3.23 + (Database Server)

GD 1.6 + (Image Library) Optional in v3

Linux / Unix recommended

You'll also need a domain name. I recommend registering your domain name with a separate company than your web host. In case of any disputes, its easier to move away to a new host.

PM me if you need more info.

Basically, once its installed, all config and store management is through your web browser.

You'll also find this forum *very* helpful if you have any questions. Just remember to search for a previous answer first (it will save you time).

I hope this helps,

Jason

Hi,

thanks

Z

Hi Zev,

I've found this one of the easiest stores to use (over OScommerce, Zen Cart and a few others)

You don't need to know html/java etc to install or use it.

You may need to learn about FTP (transfering files from your PC to the server - ask here for help). However, your webhost (see below) may have a system (called Fanstasico) that allows quick installation.

CubeCart runs on a web server, and uses a database to store the products/settings etc.

You will need to pay for a web host who will give you an account on a server. Prices and performance vary so don't sign up for a 1yr account!

Quote these requirements:

PHP 4.1.1 + (Scripting Language)

MySQL 3.23 + (Database Server)

GD 1.6 + (Image Library) Optional in v3

Linux / Unix recommended

You'll also need a domain name. I recommend registering your domain name with a separate company than your web host. In case of any disputes, its easier to move away to a new host.

PM me if you need more info.

Basically, once its installed, all config and store management is through your web browser.

You'll also find this forum *very* helpful if you have any questions. Just remember to search for a previous answer first (it will save you time).

I hope this helps,

Jason

Hi jason,

thanks for your quick reply,i have the dot coms,i host with godaddy.com.

i have a web site that i put together with net objets fusion but i am limited with it's use ,so i got involved with Lite Commerce (russian) and i did not start yet.

i had a problem with the LC installation and LC installed the program for me.

will i have the same problem with this Cube Cart installation?

as i said i have the data base and mysql and so on.

does cube cart provide any support of some sort?

thanks

Z

Hi jason,

thanks for your quick reply,i have the dot coms,i host with godaddy.com.

i have a web site that i put together with net objets fusion but i am limited with it's use ,so i got involved with Lite Commerce (russian) and i did not start yet.

i had a problem with the LC installation and LC installed the program for me.

will i have the same problem with this Cube Cart installation?

as i said i have the data base and mysql and so on.

does cube cart provide any support of some sort?

thanks

Z

I *think* there are a few people hosted with GoDaddy here. I use my own server, so can't really help much (I've not seen the GoDaddy control Panel)

You can put in a support request, but help here in the forum is quicker - and helps others (they can search)

If you search for GoDaddy in these forums, you'll see lots of posts.

I think you'll need to create a database on your GoDaddy account, then copy the Cubecart files across, and follow the install guide.

However, read the other posts on GoDaddy and have a go.

Regards

Jason

Does Cube Crat provide any support? If you buy a license you can submit support tickets. If not you'll have to make do with the unbelievably fast, accurate, friendly, FREE support we provide here 27/7/365.

As for hosting, Gobaddy (Idid not mis-spell it) would not be my first, second or third choice.

As for hosting, Gobaddy (Idid not mis-spell it) would not be my first, second or third choice

..... just to complete (my personnal opinion) or not a choice ;)