Paypal Checkout Screen

Guest Pete_bolton

Guest Pete_bolton

Hello

Love cubecart, I have managed to answer pretty much every question i have about cc3 by searching the forums but this one im stuck with....

Im upgrading my entire store and before i came accross cc3 i purchased and used paydownloadpal. this is a great program but i feel cc3 is better for me.

There is one difference though. when paydownloadpal goes to paypal to checkout i get a page that allows the customer to login into paypal or enter the creditcard details. through cc3 i only get the login details and to use a credit card the customer has to click the link. I really dont want this as having the credit card details on the same page looks good and its more user friendly.

Does anyone know what i need to change so cc3 on checkout shows me the prefered checkout screen through paypal?

I have attached two pics to help you see what i mean, both cc3 and pdp use the same email address as the login...

I would very much like to know this too - the option where it takes you directly to enter your credit card details is much much better. I suspect it is just a POST option when you get sent to paypal - but the question is what is it?

One thing you can try to debug this is install the LiveHTTP headers extension on firefox:

http://livehttpheaders.mozdev.org/

Checkout with the cart that does it how you want - then checkout using cubecart, and see if there are any differences when calling hte PayPal page.

Hmm, I decided to investigate a bit further. I think what happens is that when you are sent to the paypal site, PayPal checks to see if you are a PayPal user by interrogating your browser for a PayPal cookie. If it sees one, then it sends you to the PayPal login screen. If not, then it sends you to the screen you are after.

In some respects, this makes sense. Try deleting your paypal.com cookies and checking out again. I tried it here and it worked as above.

Guest Pete_bolton

Hello aris1234

Your apsolulty right!

I deleted my cookies and all my of line content as there is was, the page with the credit card info as i wanted. To confirm your theory i will test on a few different computers and different browers.

Ill let you know soon if it works, im sure it does

Thanks for the help, i owe you a beer ! :D

Guest Pete_bolton

To be honest, im fine with the way it works, if it is the case that a customer has never been on paypal and get the credit card screen. Works for me, not really bothered about the cookies. Why would you be?