Product Description in Paypal

Hello........

I've been reading and reading and couldn't find an answer to this so I thought I'd just post and ASK you wonderful people!

When a customer checks out thru Paypal (I'm just using Standard) it just shows a LONNNNNNNNNGGGGG number ID instead of the Description of what they are purchasing. Any way to change the ID to the description? It would sure help when I go to Paypal to look at the actual order because it doesn't show what it is, just the number. I have to go hunt to match it up with the correct number in my orders in CC just to find out what they ordered.

Please help if you can..........I'd love to get this solved quickly.

Thanks!

Carol

• 9 months later...

Guest Stephen Harris

Hi, did you ever get this sorted as I ha the same problem and would love to solve it so i can carry on with the production of my site.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

The problem with what you are asking is that your customer could be purchasing 20 different things in their order. Do you really want the whole list of products in the description at PayPal?

What CubeCart does is to pass the Order Number to PayPal as a reference, which can be used to look up the order details on your site.

Hi, did you ever get this sorted as I ha the same problem and would love to solve it so i can carry on with the production of my site.

Hi,

there is a free 3rd party mod to do this. Google for:

PayPal Shopping Cart Gateway ipn cubecart free

(sorry about the long phrase...)

Hope this helps,

Jason

Guest Stephen Harris

The problem with what you are asking is that your customer could be purchasing 20 different things in their order. Do you really want the whole list of products in the description at PayPal?

Yes, this is exactly what I want. I want my customers to see the list of what they purchased and are about to pay for.

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Jason

Thanks mate. Found what I was looking for, just got to implement it now and hopefully all should be ok.

Guest thomasvr

Yes, this is exactly what I want. I want my customers to see the list of what they purchased and are about to pay for.

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Jason

Thanks mate. Found what I was looking for, just got to implement it now and hopefully all should be ok.

So, I downloaded this mod, uploaded the new files to the appropriate directories in my store, and nothing has changed. Anyone have any advice on what might be the problem? I'm familiar with installing mods on cube cart, so I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. Has anyone else got this mod to work?

Thanks

• 4 months later...

Hi,

Hope this helps,

Jason

So, I downloaded this mod, uploaded the new files to the appropriate directories in my store, and nothing has changed. Anyone have any advice on what might be the problem? I'm familiar with installing mods on cube cart, so I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly. Has anyone else got this mod to work?

Thanks

You need to enable the new uploaded paypal gateway and disable your current paypal gateway.

STEP 3. Enable the new gateway:

- Click on the "Gateways" link in the navigation menu.

- Click on the "PayPal Shopping Cart" link (probably at the bottom of the list)

- Enable the status and complete the description, PayPal account email address, and set the method to IPN.

- Important!! If you have not yet had the standard PayPal gateway working, or if you would like to ensure that everything is setup correctly, please refer to instructions for setting up PayPal IPN, available in the free area of Estelles Mod Store.