Download into access

Guest GHHSA

I need to be able to download/upload from Microsoft Access.

Is there a way? :D

If you have "access" :D to PHPmyAdmin (mySQL frontend), then you can export the database in CSV format.

You should be able to import a CSV file into an MS Access database.

I can't check from here, but you should be able to export an MS Access database to CSV..

Then, you can use a csv import util. found in ww.cubecart.org to import back into CubeCart...

Also...

I think you can use remote databases on Modern versions of Access..

If so, you may be able to use a mySQL connector:

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/

If you add this as a datasource in your ODBC, you may be able to use MS Access as a front end.

Jason

I need to be able to download/upload from Microsoft Access.

Is there a way? :D

If you have "access" :D to PHPmyAdmin (mySQL frontend), then you can export the database in CSV format.

You should be able to import a CSV file into an MS Access database.

I can't check from here, but you should be able to export an MS Access database to CSV..

Then, you can use a csv import util. found in ww.cubecart.org to import back into CubeCart...

Also...

I think you can use remote databases on Modern versions of Access..

If so, you may be able to use a mySQL connector:

http://www.mysql.com/products/connector/odbc/

If you add this as a datasource in your ODBC, you may be able to use MS Access as a front end.

Jason

I tried to download the database in CSV and in XML with no luck. Also I asked my support team for mysql if I could download directly into Microsoft Access and was informed that "we do not provide Access Databases with our shared packages. We provide Mysql database engine only".

So if I downloaded directly from the store admin area into a format I could use with Access would also work.

I tried to download the database in CSV and in XML with no luck. Also I asked my support team for mysql if I could download directly into Microsoft Access and was informed that "we do not provide Access Databases with our shared packages. We provide Mysql database engine only".

So if I downloaded directly from the store admin area into a format I could use with Access would also work.

You won't be able to download the database tables from the Store admin area. You'll need a tool such as phpMyadmin, which normally runs on the server (see Database if you have CPanel)

Databases usually comprise of a number of tables, and you can download each table as a CSV. I've used them in spreadsheets before, and you should be able to import to MS Access.

Depending on what you need to us MS Access for, you may still have problems as tables are linked to others.

Why do you need to import/export into MS Access?

There is a Windows based mySQL front-end at http://www.webyog.com/en/ that may help.

Sorry I can't help anymore, how doeable it is depends on what you need from the MS Access version of the database - if its just customer details, its pretty simple, but if you want to edit products etc, you will have lots of problems.

Jason