text editor not working since upgrade

Guest peanutp

Guest peanutp

Hello - Ever since I have upgraded to the latest version of cubecart, the text editor re-formats all URL's and add """\\\/// characters for no reason??? I have been trying to update the homepage with some new pics and it makes the urls incorrect after clicking update. Have to do a manual html code for the pics, but still same issue.

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks

Pete

Hi Pete. That's a new one on me. Ive tried my copy and see if it reproduces your problem and it soe not. There must be another problem at work here. Have you looked at your paths? When you upgraded did you follow all directions and save your includes/global.inc file? Any mods installed we should be aware of?

In the meantime maybe you can upload the version 3.0.12 rte folder overwriting the 3.0.13 version and see if that helps.

Guest peanutp

Hi Pete. That's a new one on me. Ive tried my copy and see if it reproduces your problem and it soe not. There must be another problem at work here. Have you looked at your paths? When you upgraded did you follow all directions and save your includes/global.inc file? Any mods installed we should be aware of?

In the meantime maybe you can upload the version 3.0.12 rte folder overwriting the 3.0.13 version and see if that helps.

Hi Roban - Thanks for the reply. I have just tried to overwritie the rte folder and unfortunately that did not work. I now get the following errors when trying to open the editor for my homepage:

Warning: include(../includes/rte/fckeditor.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 40

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/rte/fckeditor.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 40

Fatal error: Class 'FCKeditor' not found in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 126

The strange thing is that when I go back to the new 3.0.13 version I still get that error!?!?!? Very odd, cannot understand why that would happen when all I did was rename the 3.0.13 directory to rte2 and copied the 3.0.12 one across. Then when that failed, deleted the 3.0.12 version and renamed the other back. ??

Anyway, as for mods, I am running SEO mod (latest version), goober discoun/coupon mod, sir williams cat/order mod, clone product, and updateXchange rate.

This one has got me, have not got a clue, or maybe it is too early in the morning!!

I have looked through the forums and a couple of other people have this issue to.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Peter

Guest peanutp

Hi Roban - Thanks for the reply. I have just tried to overwritie the rte folder and unfortunately that did not work. I now get the following errors when trying to open the editor for my homepage:

Warning: include(../includes/rte/fckeditor.php) [function.include]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 40

Warning: include() [function.include]: Failed opening '../includes/rte/fckeditor.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 40

Fatal error: Class 'FCKeditor' not found in /home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs/admin/docs/home.php on line 126

The strange thing is that when I go back to the new 3.0.13 version I still get that error!?!?!? Very odd, cannot understand why that would happen when all I did was rename the 3.0.13 directory to rte2 and copied the 3.0.12 one across. Then when that failed, deleted the 3.0.12 version and renamed the other back. ??

Anyway, as for mods, I am running SEO mod (latest version), goober discoun/coupon mod, sir williams cat/order mod, clone product, and updateXchange rate.

This one has got me, have not got a clue, or maybe it is too early in the morning!!

I have looked through the forums and a couple of other people have this issue to.

Any help greatly appreciated.

thanks

Peter

Roban - Please ignore those permission errors, seems I was making a school boy error with those permissions! Still have the issue with the extra "/" being added to every path though :-(

cheers

Pete

Guest peanutp

Pete,

Look at your global.inc and see if that extra "/" is there

Below is my global.inc, does that look ok to you?

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'mystorename';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'mydbpassword';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'mydbusername';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.pombero.co.uk';

?>

Guest peanutp

Pete,

Look at your global.inc and see if that extra "/" is there

Below is my global.inc, does that look ok to you?

<?php

$glob['dbdatabase'] = 'mystorename';

$glob['dbhost'] = 'localhost';

$glob['dbpassword'] = 'mydbpassword';

$glob['dbprefix'] = '';

$glob['dbusername'] = 'mydbusername';

$glob['installed'] = '1';

$glob['rootDir'] = '/home/default/pombero.co.uk/user/htdocs';

$glob['rootRel'] = '/';

$glob['storeURL'] = 'http://www.pombero.co.uk';

?>

Roban - Have just found the fix in another post:

The problem lies within the magic quotes security patch added to includes/ini.inc.php file.

Line 104:

$val = (!get_magic_quotes_gpc ()) ? addslashes ($val) : $val;

If this line is commented out and the site docs' text (removing the backslashes) is re-saved, it displays correctly.