CC - Protx - Streamline; SSL ?

Guest GoodwearD

Guest GoodwearD

Hi CC peeps,

I have been through the forums but I am still having problems understanding the credit-card payment chain. Could anyone please help ?

My intended setup is CC via Protx gateway to my Natwest Streamline merchant account.

I am unclear who and where my SSL cert comes into play. Do my host, Protx, CC or Natwest supply it ? I only want it during the card details processing part so as not to slow things down.

Any help or advice gladly received !!

Many thanks,

DG

Guest EverythingWeb

If you are using ProtxForm (the standard built in module) you dont need an SSL as that is handled on the Protx Servers.

If you used the (3rd party mod) ProtxDirect srevice which takes the c/card details on your site, then YOU would need to sort one out.

You need to forget about the link in the chain between Protx & Natwest. It has absolutely no bearing or relevance with your CubeCart :o

Protx handles everything from the ProtxForm to the money going to your Streamline merchant account. Streamline then credit your Bank account.

All you need to do is worry about getting your Protx application done and your account opened then configure CubeCart to use the Protx gateway. Fill in the details and click save. Done.