Latest Products in colRight?

Guest bassyard

Guest bassyard

Hi,

I've searched the forums on .com & .org but didn't find the solution.

I want to put the latest products from the mid column to the right column.

I tried moving the code to the index.tpl file, but that doesn't work.

Please help me out here...

Left, middle and right columns are coded in the global/index.tpl, whereas the latest products is coded in the content/index.tpl, which is inserted into the global template by means of the {PAGE_CONTENT} placeholder which is placed in the middle column.

That has probably confused you completely. But what what it basically means is that it is not as easy as it appears to move the latest products code to the right column.

However, what you would be better off doing is transforming, say the the popular products boxes, adding an images mod and changing the PHP to make the products sort by product ID. Much simpler.

For more help, I would suggest popping over to .org to look for the popular products with images free mod, and then ask about changing the sort order.

Have fun.

Guest hardnut33

i'd like to know how you go with the pop products mods..have tried a couple of mods on my popular products without success....

i wanted scrolling with images but i think i'm a bit out of my depth with that one...being a newbie an all!!!

i'd like to know how you go with the pop products mods..have tried a couple of mods on my popular products without success....

i wanted scrolling with images but i think i'm a bit out of my depth with that one...being a newbie an all!!!

If you're having problems with a 3rd party mod, you would be best to post in the forums on .org :errm:

Guest hardnut33

I have managed to install it with my limited brain capacity!! lol

however...if you take a look the text is too large (in my opinion..) it looks like the featured product box is getting crammed and the bottom of the scrolling box is missing..

can anyone help me...please!!!

"bottom of scrolling box is missing"

You are probably using the Killer skin, and I'd then assume that the coder for your mod gave instructions that apply to Classic and Legend skins.

The Killer skin file template needs a "boxFoot" division to complete the bottom of the box.

Look at the .tpl files in Killer/styleTemplates/boxes/ ....tpl

Look at the division classes, ie, <div class=" ">

Compare the three classes used to make a box in Killer with the code on your scrolling boxe's .tpl file, and you will see what I mean.