People with Paypal problems

My friend and others experienced this error on Paypal payment. You can shop but when it comes to processing payment, it shows error or re-directs u back to the website.

My friend called Paypal personally and demanded and to know what is happening. At first a staff said all is ok. You have to push for an answer. Within hours, everything was back to normal. You have to demand and its in bold.

The problem lies with Paypal and not with cubecart or your webhosting company.

Guest ColeFlournoy

Hi -- Can you explain what you told paypal and what they changed. I am having the same problem and I want to call them -- but I don't know how I can just demand they fix a cart system they don't support -- unless I've got some specific details.

Thanks!

Cole

We have a lot of Cubecart stores and take the full brunt of our fault when something goes wrong.

The truth is that it rarely is our fault ;)

Glad to see Paypal accepting responsibility finally.

I can take this to my customer experiencing errors now.

Guest ColeFlournoy

It seems to me that it would be much more likely that the problem be due to either our incorrect install or a bug in the cube cart module -- considering paypals enormously vast resources we should be able to assume that their stuff is working correctly -- however if you got paypal to change something to fix your store -- please let us know what it was, so we can hassle paypal as well!

Thanks,

Cole

Guest ColeFlournoy

Again I ask please -- more details on what was said to paypal that got them to change something. I'm desperate... And to think, just a few versions back I was the expert to go to for paypal problems..

Are any of you guys getting the 3005 error from paypal?

I'm not too sure... I've got a customer who is having PayPal problems, but I've yet to find out what is happening.

Its hard to work out if I'm getting an abandoned cart (customer worried about paypal screen and closing the browser), or there is a tech problem with PayPal/CC.

Either way I don't get a paid order, but if the reason for order failure is a technical issue it needs addressing...

This 3005 error - is there some kind of error log, or is it only displayed on the paypal purchase page?

I can't find a detailed log on the paypal site.

Jason

Pay Pal has worked for me ever since I started using it. I'm pleased someone finally has debugged this and lay the blame where it belongs. Thank you.

If it's worked for you why be happy PP has taken responsibility for others?

With all the posts around PP probs it does seem to be a worry and it can't all be PP.

I've used it for years with all but no problems (even then minor) but when it comes to integration it seems more problems than should be present.

More info on the config for PP would be welcomed, PP supply the details required for you to configure your app but could not be reasonably expected to explain for each one.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, please, have some details of the errors you were having!

Inquiring minds want to know.

When I spoke with PayPal about going with Paypal pro, and virtual terminal, the support guy they assigned to me said that CubeCart was straight-forward, and would install just fine, and then pointed me to an article on this forum to use as directions.

===

http://www.cubecart.com/site/forums/index....showtopic=11714

TO SETUP YOUR STORE SUCESSFULLY WITH PAYPAL PRO:

If you install from fantastico, you will probably have version 3.0.2 and need to do an upgrade. Click Downloads at the top of cubecart.com and upgrade to 3.0.4 or which ever is the newest version. 3.0.2 DOES NOT have the PayPal Pro modules that you need.

Now you need to sign up and get approved by paypal for a business pro account and apply for Website Payments Pro (the one that cost $20/month). This takes a few days for them to review it.

Once you are approved by Paypal you need to go to your paypal account – click profile and then click API access to set up a certificate.

Fill in the information for your certificate, submit it and then download it to your desktop.

You must now upload that certificate to your server and put it in the “pear†directory which is found in the root directory of your store.

You must also CHMOD the tmp directory inside of the “pear†directory to 777 (If you use smart ftp (find at smartftp.com) you just right click the folder and click properties and then set permissions to 777

Now go to your cubecart admin page – click “Gateways†scroll all the way to the bottom and configure both Paypal Direct Payment, and Paypall Express Checkout. For both of these select enable for status, put a description (for Direct Payment type Credit Card), for Gateway Server – put Live, API acct name – go back to paypal.com and go to your profile again and click API access – cut and paste that account name, put your API password in (you should remember this), and select debug – yes, and select default – yes (for direct payment only or whichever payment method you want to be default)

Now your store should be completely ready to take credit cards seamlessly! To test it, just order a test product and then when it works; just refund the money at paypal.com.

===

Well, I did all this, and I still get an error from CURL - curlopt().

Then there was an October rewrite of PayPal by Al, and I still get this same error.

And even though I get an error, I believe the transaction goes through and money is transferred or paid, yet the user just sees an error and will go away.

Help. Give us some details!

-Carl

Guest kaskudoo

my experience with PP (pro):

- on godaddy it would give me the blank screen (after refresh it would work) ... turns out they were using a proxy server - however, even with the settings adjusted, it just wouldn't run all the time (another techie from some other host told me they cripple their php so much on the cheap plans that it didn't surprise him)

- switched to different host and now got a couple of transactions done (yeah, business starting slow :) ). got one yesterday that didn't go through (customer told me she got the your order failed thing) ... i had my in-laws make a test purchase again and it worked flawlessly ....

conclusion:

first make sure all your settings are correct

second call your host support and check versions on your host and ask for past problems with ecommerce software or php or whatever

third try to reproduce the problem or somehow narrow it down to user settings like cookies or stuff

i have only been a user since a few weeks, but right now i am comfortable - still on 3.0.13 (cart is highly modded and just don't wanna fiddle with stuff during the season)