A Couple of Questions

Guest JohnnyLi

Guest JohnnyLi

When I try to add hyper links (even if it is an e-mail link or a link to another URL) to some of the Site Documents, like "About Us", the URL is always turns out like

http://mydomain.com/\"mailto:[email protected]\"

- Emails

The above is exactly what it says when I roll over it and the URL shows up at the bottom of the browser. Shouldn't the link simply say mailto:[email protected] ?

It does something similar with HTTP links, having the backslash and quotes in the URL.

So the trouble is, I'm guessing, that the http://mydomain.com, the backslashes, and the quotes are unnecessary, but I don't know how to fix this. Anyone out there know how?

---------

A couple more questions.

If I purchase a license, where do I input the code/install the file so that I can remove the (powered by Cube Cart) and the footer copyright? Also, will the license be valid for life?

Thanks in advance. */*

Regards.

Try putting your links in using the Source function. Code as:

<a href="http://wwww.whatever">link text</a>

Or if you have the link added elsewhere you can usually copy/paste it in the fckeditor.

Your license code is added at the admin login screen and is valid for 1 domain for life.

Guest JohnnyLi

Thanks for the reply */*

But when I use the Source editor and use

<a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a>

It automatically adds some backslashes and quotes 
&quot
 to the mailto: URL again, so it looks like this.

<a href="\&quot;mailto:[email protected]\&quot;">[email protected]</a>.

It does the same to normal URLs.

Thanks in advance.

Guest JohnnyLi

Hmm, in the "Server Info" of Cube Cart, it says that I am on a Unix server.

Server Software: Apache/1.3.33 (Unix) ApacheJServ/1.1.2 PHP/4.3.10 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Rewrit/1.1a

And

Linux myhost.com 2.4.33.2 #5 SMP Wed Aug 23 11:00:53 EDT 2006 i686

no problem, just wish I could be of more help. :)

Have you tried this with more than one browser? I had trouble with fckeditor shutting my browser down when trying to paste source code - this was browser FireFox 1.5.0.7 - until convict upgraded the fckeditor to a newer version. Anyway, I tried to duplicate your problem on a 3.0.14 installation on my local machine, but when I attempted this, it shut my FF browser down. Didn't try explorer, just been very busy - but I'm interested to know whether you experience the same behavior with more than one browser in the fckeditor. Will compare fckeditor version number on my live site with the one that installed in 3.0.14 locally and post back.

Guest JohnnyLi

Thank you very much for the link! :) The URLs and Mailtos work now. I appreciate your help a lot markscarts :D Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Regards.