Latest Products not updating

Okay this is an odd one - I can remove latest products by turning the ones that were on, off, but if I change a item to on that was off, it isn't showing in the box. In other words, new items I add that I want to include in "Latest Products" aren't showing under "latest products".

Any idea? I'm running 3.0.14 but actually think this was doing it before on 3.0.10 (don't remember though). I am running a custom skin but tried using a default skin and it's doing the same thing, so think it' must be a problem in an include file????

No.

I have discovered new items I add from scratch will let me add to latest products and will show up like they are supposed to. But changing an existing item from not showing in latest products to on doesn't work.

Exactly, switching the product to show is one thing to be done, another is to select how many to show. You may have 100 that are set to be included by tick box on product page, but on gen setting you may have set to show 10 - so only the latest 10 added to db will show :)

These are the last added, not the last 10 edited . . .

Yes I know that. But normally when you edit an item and change it from not being included in latest products to being included it in, it shows it in top of the latest products. At least it does on every other one of my sites.

Decided this isn't a big deal though - the ones I wanted to feature I just deleted and then re-input them with show featured turned on and they are now in the latest product list like I wanted.