how can i integrate my old database into the new one

Guest aznpdaddy

Guest aznpdaddy

i have tried installing a fresh 3.0.14 and it works fine but i have no products or categories.

i dont want to design everything...

i do have the backed up old mysq database, when i replace the new one with this one the store front works fine, but the admin doesnt. it displays the error message user_id .... faillevel .... and block time something.

when i put the new database back the admin side works.

i have read in several posts that it maybe to do with 2 new fields called faillevel and blocktime or something.

i have no knowledge of myphp and i cannot edit the details, as im not a techi techi

i have tried to edit it in myphp but i cannot add the two new fields... also on the lef panel i can see in myphpadmin that the are 2 modules or something missing. new database has 29 and the old one shows 27

someone please help!!!!!

with regards

If you know your way around mysql i guess that you can use your old database and go through the upgradescripts and find the code for updating the databas to latest version.

You find them i the UPGRADE folder of the CC files. just go through all steps that you need to get it up to latest.

If you know your way around mysql i guess that you can use your old database and go through the upgradescripts and find the code for updating the databas to latest version.

You find them i the UPGRADE folder of the CC files. just go through all steps that you need to get it up to latest.

I'm having the same problem...somebody help me...please

1. Look in your downloaded archive that came with 3.0.14

2. open the folder called "upgrade" then "scripts" 3.0.14 > upgrade > scripts

3. There is a folder called "3.0.{6-10}-3.0.11" . . .

• If you're database is made by 3.0.6 or later, this is the only folder you need concern yourself with.

• If you're database is made by an earlier version, you must apply the following instruction for each folder that applies to bring your db from current version to 3.0.14 . . .

4. Open the correct version folder for db upgrade, and upload the file "upgrade.php" to the root folder of your store.

• The root folder is the folder that has files named admin, classes, docs, extra, images, includes, js, language, modules, pear, skins - and files named cart.php, confirmed.php, download.php, index.php, offline.php and switch.php - please upload "upgrade.php" to this root directory

5. Navigate to your store, the store will not display with upgrade script there . . .

6. Type in the filename "upgrade.php" at the end of your site url . . .

http://www. your domain .com/upgrade.php

or

http://www. your domain .com/store/upgrade.php

• if your store url ends with a / just type upgrade.php after the slash, but if there is a pagename like index.php, replace the pageneame with upgrade.php

7. Now click "go" or press "Enter" and follow the instructions to upgrade db

8. After upgrading, you must remove the upgrade.php script before your store will funtion.

The above is a fairly detailed instruction on upgrading db, the general instruction for doing this is included in your CC documentation as follows.

From the official CubeCartâ„¢ upgrade instructions:

c. You then need to run the upgrade.php scripts (if there are any). To

do this you need to know which version you were running previously.

Have a look in the /upgrade/scripts/ folder to see if there are any

relevant ones. If so start with the oldest one and copy it to the root

folder of your store. Run this file in your browser and follow the

on screen instructions. Repeat this process overwriting each upgrade.php

script at a time until there are no more.

e.g. http://www.example.com/store/upgrade.php

I tried that approach...but after doing so...it gave me the the DB back

but I couldn't login to the admin section, now i got to do everything all over again

1. Look in your downloaded archive that came with 3.0.14

2. open the folder called "upgrade" then "scripts" 3.0.14 > upgrade > scripts

3. There is a folder called "3.0.{6-10}-3.0.11" . . .

• If you're database is made by 3.0.6 or later, this is the only folder you need concern yourself with.

• If you're database is made by an earlier version, you must apply the following instruction for each folder that applies to bring your db from current version to 3.0.14 . . .

4. Open the correct version folder for db upgrade, and upload the file "upgrade.php" to the root folder of your store.

• The root folder is the folder that has files named admin, classes, docs, extra, images, includes, js, language, modules, pear, skins - and files named cart.php, confirmed.php, download.php, index.php, offline.php and switch.php - please upload "upgrade.php" to this root directory

5. Navigate to your store, the store will not display with upgrade script there . . .

6. Type in the filename "upgrade.php" at the end of your site url . . .

http://www. your domain .com/upgrade.php

or

http://www. your domain .com/store/upgrade.php

• if your store url ends with a / just type upgrade.php after the slash, but if there is a pagename like index.php, replace the pageneame with upgrade.php

7. Now click "go" or press "Enter" and follow the instructions to upgrade db

8. After upgrading, you must remove the upgrade.php script before your store will funtion.

The above is a fairly detailed instruction on upgrading db, the general instruction for doing this is included in your CC documentation as follows.

From the official CubeCartâ„¢ upgrade instructions:

c. You then need to run the upgrade.php scripts (if there are any). To

do this you need to know which version you were running previously.

Have a look in the /upgrade/scripts/ folder to see if there are any

relevant ones. If so start with the oldest one and copy it to the root

folder of your store. Run this file in your browser and follow the

on screen instructions. Repeat this process overwriting each upgrade.php

script at a time until there are no more.

e.g. http://www.example.com/store/upgrade.php