Really slow website after 3.0.14 upgrade.

Guest stevengw

Guest stevengw

upgraded to 3.0.14.

now my website is intermittently really slow and gives error

MySQL Error Occured

1040: Too many connections

i had no problems before upgrade, and im the only one accessing the database.

has something been changed that affects the database?

i have checked and double checked everthing before and after install of upgrade.

upgraded to 3.0.14.

now my website is intermittently really slow and gives error

MySQL Error Occured

1040: Too many connections

i had no problems before upgrade, and im the only one accessing the database.

has something been changed that affects the database?

_http://www.abroaderpicture.com

i have checked and double checked everthing before and after install of upgrade.

Yep -its slow here too.

Have you tried restoring your backup and running on pre- 3.0.14?

I would suspect a hosting issue - hence trying to run the pre .14 store.

Are you running a VPS? I've found they can grind to a crawl if you don't have much RAM allocated to your VPS. If you are on a VPS, and don't need root, you'll probably be better off on a reseller with a quality host.

Jason

Yep -its slow here too.

Have you tried restoring your backup and running on pre- 3.0.14?

I would suspect a hosting issue - hence trying to run the pre .14 store.

Are you running a VPS? I've found they can grind to a crawl if you don't have much RAM allocated to your VPS. If you are on a VPS, and don't need root, you'll probably be better off on a reseller with a quality host.

Jason

Too many connections either implies something using the MySQL server is not opening/closing its connections properly, or there are simply too many people on the sites using the MySQL server. It's very rare to get this problem, apart from on budget/s**t hosts that overload their servers.

Contact your host to see if there are a lot of sleeping connections coming from either your site, or a site on the server. I don't think it will be a Cube cart problem unless of course there is something in the change log that states the Connections include has been changed, and is now buggy as a result.

Contact your host, they will know best how to deal with it. I remember on my dedicated server forgetting to close a connection in ASP.NET and after 100 people viewed the site, the MySQL server went down. s**t! :D Sounds like someone else using the server has done something similarly silly!