3.0.13 -> 3.0.14 fixes broken again -PayPal Pro- now what?

(Moderator please move this to the Gateway Support Forum

Or better, just delete it. I've found the previous thread there

and added my query there. Now just waiting on a response

and a ticket response from another user. -Thanks)

Ok, I'm a little frustrated here, after installing "fixes" and upgrades. I have searched the forums, and re-read things I read before, and nothing is making any sense to me for why it's failing.

I urgently can use whatever help anyone has to spare. It has been one little thing after another, and I have wanted to go live for nearly a month now, but some issue keeps stopping the release. Once I get this thing up, I hope to not have to make any code changes till after the new year, just adding content and product pictures.

This time, it's PayPal gateway getting in my way again. I saw all the PayPalPro issues, and it appeared that the re-write of the PayPal modules was gonna solve that. (I also thought that the PayPal update was included in the "changed" 3.0.14 files, and found out it was not. But reviewing Al's posts, I found that the files from his re-write release in October, match my files byte for byte.)

I've got a fresh 3.0.13, followed by the PayPal module rewrite and then the 3.0.14 file overwrite. Then I re-applied my mods from the 3.0.12 release that was nearly ready to go.

So, now, I'm stuck! I'm getting the CURL errors that I thought were part of the fixes done in the PayPal rewrite. Any help from anyone will be appreciated. I have a new SSL certificate, and I believe the sandbox certificate from PayPal installed in the correct areas. If things have moved, please let me know and maybe that will be a quick fix.

On the step to make the payment, I get the following error:

Warning: curl_setopt() [function.curl-setopt]: CURLOPT_FOLLOWLOCATION cannot be activated when in safe_mode or an open_basedir is set in /home/gstate/public_html/pear/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php on line 575

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/gstate/public_html/pear/PayPal/SOAP/Transport/HTTP.php:575) in /home/gstate/public_html/modules/gateway/DirectPayment/form.inc.php on line 186

My server has:

"safe_mode" "Off", "Off"

"open_basedir" "/home/gstate:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp", "No Value"

And just why is :/tmp in an executable search path anyway? Bad! InSecurity!

Please visit: my Golden State Gift Baskets site if there is anything you can look at.

Thanks.

-Carl