Ban a fradulent purchaser's IP?

I just had someone from Ghana try to use a "hot," Mastercard number to make a multiple purchase from my site. I didnt like the "smell," of the whole thing, so called Mastercard and, sure enough, the number was stolen.

Now, is there any way I can ban this Ghanian's IP from my site? Thru CubeCart? Thanks.

Guest Pete_bolton

I just had someone from Ghana try to use a "hot," Mastercard number to make a multiple purchase from my site. I didnt like the "smell," of the whole thing, so called Mastercard and, sure enough, the number was stolen.

Now, is there any way I can ban this Ghanian's IP from my site? Thru CubeCart? Thanks.

Hi

On my control panel i can ban IP address (thats on my server), but if they are like my ip address evertime i dial my broadband i get a new ip.

Pete

Hi

On my control panel i can ban IP address (thats on my server), but if they are like my ip address evertime i dial my broadband i get a new ip.

Pete

I know I can ban from my Server CP. And, I would ban the whole block assigned to his ISP, not just the one assigned to him when I grabbed it.

I just want to know can the ban be implemented from within Cube. He probably wont come back anyway, when he finds out that card number he wanted to use is blacklisted.

By using htaccess file you can use

deny from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

order allow,deny

deny from 123.45.6.7

deny from 012.34.5.

allow from all

the first line of IP address is blocking a singel adress

the second line block all 255 ip adresses in 012.34.5. ip block

asking Mr google about deny from htaccess will give you enough info.

Not from CC, even with a mod, unless it uses server access or has a simple .htaccess rewriter If you have the IP's concerned, if it's more than one, do a 'tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' from a command prompt first. That will give a final destination (unless it's masked or bulletproof) and then you can do a DENY ,as ARILD says, using .htaccess on a subnet. But be wary of doing this as it may be a proxy or spoofed IP and might lose you customers too..

If you get a final destination on the 'tracert' then it can help identify an ISP and that can be enough as it is a full blown fraud investigation to them (or should be) and can be followed up from various stages through datacenters and hosts too.

If you need more help on that one, give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.

Not from CC, even with a mod, unless it uses server access or has a simple .htaccess rewriter If you have the IP's concerned, if it's more than one, do a 'tracert xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx' from a command prompt first. That will give a final destination (unless it's masked or bulletproof) and then you can do a DENY ,as ARILD says, using .htaccess on a subnet. But be wary of doing this as it may be a proxy or spoofed IP and might lose you customers too..

If you get a final destination on the 'tracert' then it can help identify an ISP and that can be enough as it is a full blown fraud investigation to them (or should be) and can be followed up from various stages through datacenters and hosts too.

If you need more help on that one, give me a shout and I'll see if I can help.

Thanks, Decker and all. I am aware that by blocking his (shown) IP that he could have been using a proxy and, I am aware that even if it's his assigned IP number, blocking the whole assigned block conceivably lose potential Buyers.

With that in mind, I decided, after I started this Thread, to call MasterCard and do a little investigating. Sure enough, the Owner of the Card was NOT in Ghana and they immediately zapped the card and will send a new Card to the legit Owner with a new set of numners. So, I guess its solved, at this juncture.