Use of Paypal

Guest pcupgradeltd

Guest pcupgradeltd

I currently only have credit/debit card payment method via secure merchant services in my store. How many people also use paypal (or other) in addition and what percentage of buyers use them compared to card payments?

Also do you think it looks more or less proffesional offering these Paypal type services?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Guest valencia

Quite a few larger online stores offer paypal as a buy option.. I do not believe it looks unprofessional. It is actually a good sign that you value your customer base to offer options.

I do use paypal as a option on my site and even though I offer gifts for using that gateway customers opt 4 to 1 to choose my other CC Avenue gateway. The paypal option does capture those paypal account holders though who can easily use funds in their paypal account.

Paypal does have very low fees as well so i would actually be happier if more persons used it :)

Depends a lot on the type of product I suppose, for yourself and PC upgrades the buyers would most probably be farmiliar with PP so for you it might be a good choice, but for say Rolls Royce cars I think the PP option would be pretty much useless.

It is nice to have options though as many places are only able to accept a limited amount of methods.

I use both through PP, using PP Pro for CC payments and PP for those wanting to use it :)

Like Decker I use both PP and PP Pro for CC processing. I get probably 1 out of 8 orders paid via Paypal so it's definitely worth offering both.

People are still leary about giving cc info out on the web and trust Paypal more than the average site to do this on. Since I never see their cc informaton when they pay via paypal, I think it's a perception of security that makes them choose it.

There are also some people who cannot get a credit card but do have a bank account and can therefore use Paypal when they cannot use a credit card. This is especially true for teens and those with credit problems.

Since it doesn't cost you anything unless you get a sale thru it, why not offer it as an option?

Guest pcupgradeltd

Like Decker I use both PP and PP Pro for CC processing. I get probably 1 out of 8 orders paid via Paypal so it's definitely worth offering both.

People are still leary about giving cc info out on the web and trust Paypal more than the average site to do this on. Since I never see their cc informaton when they pay via paypal, I think it's a perception of security that makes them choose it.

There are also some people who cannot get a credit card but do have a bank account and can therefore use Paypal when they cannot use a credit card. This is especially true for teens and those with credit problems.

Since it doesn't cost you anything unless you get a sale thru it, why not offer it as an option?

Thanks for your replies. I think I will go ahead and add the option as you people have made some useful and valid points especialy the younger people without credit/debit cards who are more likely to purchase my products.