Promoting Affiliate Products

Hi All,

Over the past few months, I've tested some theories about using content to attract new traffic and promoting affiliate products. For this test, I used the Drupal CMS as the prime software for the site, along with their e-commerce modules to provide a seamless interface.

After more than 2 months of adding content (after the 2 months of rebuilding the site), it has become clear that the added content is slowing down sales. Traffic has not changed significantly, so this has not resulted in a flood of new visitors to the site. As such, it appears that this would take far too much of an investment to become a profitable activity.

So, I'll be moving CubeCart back to the root of the domain. I'll continue to submit original articles to the article directories and I'll probably start a blog at Blogger.com.

One thing from the tests that did work was the use of product reviews to promote other vendor's products through their affiliate programs. I'd like to find a good way to add these to CubeCart, but I'm not sure how.

What I'd like to do is to have a link to a "review section" where visitors can browse and read the reviews posted. Since these products cannot be purchased on my site, I don't think that using a new product category and regular product pages will work for this.

Do I need to build this separately from CubeCart, or is there something that I'm missing?