GST

Guest Tom S

Guest Brivtech

General Sales Tax

In countries with GST, when you're shopping, you see a price, and have to add tax onto it at the checkout. With VAT (Value Added Tax), the taxes are included in the price.

Typically, in countries that operate VAT, b2b transactions operate like GST, as the tax is easily claimed back by the customer, so doesn't become part of the cost price.

General Sales Tax

In countries with GST, when you're shopping, you see a price, and have to add tax onto it at the checkout. With VAT (Value Added Tax), the taxes are included in the price.

Typically, in countries that operate VAT, b2b transactions operate like GST, as the tax is easily claimed back by the customer, so doesn't become part of the cost price.

Hi There... So which part in the Admin area do I add it too?

Guest KGBelectronics

General Sales Tax

... don't you mean

Grab and Snatch Tax

G'day Tom

1. Login to your Admin panel (www.yourstore.com.au/admin)
  2. Click on General Settings (left column)
  3. Under the "Locale Settings" look for "Include tax in prices?"

you then have 2 choices ....

The easiest method is set to YES and just include the GST in your prices when you enter a product ... that's it!

The other method is answer NO and EXCLUDE GST when you add a product

then

• Click on Taxes (left column) and set the following
    Apply Tax ONLY the following area: Australia
    County/State/Zone: -- ALL --
  • Then click Update

Finally set the following

Tax Class ------- Rate (%)

GST ___________10.0000

Tax Exempt ______0.0000

and you're done

Changing the messgages may require some research, I suggest cubecart.org

Cheers,

Ken

General Sales Tax

... don't you mean

Grab and Snatch Tax

G'day Tom

1. Login to your Admin panel (www.yourstore.com.au/admin)
  2. Click on General Settings (left column)
  3. Under the "Locale Settings" look for "Include tax in prices?"
you then have 2 choices ....

The easiest method is set to YES and just include the GST in your prices when you enter a product ... that's it!

The other method is answer NO and EXCLUDE GST when you add a product

then

• Click on Taxes (left column) and set the following
    Apply Tax ONLY the following area: Australia
    County/State/Zone: -- ALL --
  • Then click Update

Finally set the following

Tax Class ------- Rate (%)

GST ___________10.0000

Tax Exempt ______0.0000

and you're done

Changing the messgages may require some research, I suggest cubecart.org

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks Ken! I am still having an issue though... I selected 'YES' for include tax in prices, and added an item. I put $20.00 when I looked at it in the store it said $25.38... Wierd because that's not 10%. Also I then slected 'NO' for include tax in prices and added another item which I made $20.00. Again it made the item $25.38 so I have two issues. The first is that selecting YES or NO isn't actually doing anything. And the second is the incorrect Tax I checked my GST was all correct. I do have however another Tax however called 'Standard Tax and it's set to 7.5% it won't let me delete this... Any ideas?

Guest KGBelectronics

Thanks Ken! I am still having an issue though... I selected 'YES' for include tax in prices, and added an item. I put $20.00 when I looked at it in the store it said $25.38... Wierd because that's not 10%. Also I then slected 'NO' for include tax in prices and added another item which I made $20.00. Again it made the item $25.38 so I have two issues. The first is that selecting YES or NO isn't actually doing anything. And the second is the incorrect Tax I checked my GST was all correct. I do have however another Tax however called 'Standard Tax and it's set to 7.5% it won't let me delete this... Any ideas?

Tom,

An old standard problem.

In Admin go to "Currencies" ... ensure that Australian Dollars is set to 1.0000, the status is set to green (enabled) and all other currencies reflect the appropriate exchange rate. Also in General Settings set default currency to Australian dollars.

There is something to help with the rates at www.cubecart.org but forum rules here prevent me from being too specific.

With Standard Tax you can "Edit" it and change that name and rate.

Remember that the GST is added on checkout so the displayed price will not change!

Cheers,

Ken

Tom,

An old standard problem.

In Admin go to "Currencies" ... ensure that Australian Dollars is set to 1.0000, the status is set to green (enabled) and all other currencies reflect the appropriate exchange rate. Also in General Settings set default currency to Australian dollars.

There is something to help with the rates at www.cubecart.org but forum rules here prevent me from being too specific.

With Standard Tax you can "Edit" it and change that name and rate.

Remember that the GST is added on checkout so the displayed price will not change!

Cheers,

Ken

Ah Ken you're a legend! I have edited the Standard Tax, which I can't delete and made this GST like you said, and set it to 10%. But it won't let me delete the other GST Tax I created the delete button is greyed out... Also The US Dollar figure is still on 1.0000 how do I change this? And wouldn't all these need to update themsleves?

I can't win!

Subtotal: $20.00

Tax: n/a

Shipping: n/a

Basket Total: $20.00

How do I get the "Tax" to say "Tax incl" I changed the setting of Add Tax to prices but still hasn't happened?

Guest KGBelectronics

Ah Ken you're a legend! I have edited the Standard Tax, which I can't delete and made this GST like you said, and set it to 10%. But it won't let me delete the other GST Tax I created the delete button is greyed out... Also The US Dollar figure is still on 1.0000 how do I change this? And wouldn't all these need to update themsleves?

Tom,

Is it working now ?????

Remember the old saying ..... "If it aint broke dont try to fix it!"

Not sure about the extra GST one ... cant seem to replicate it on my test store. You shoul have 1 that says GST at 10% and 1 that says "Tax Exempt" at 0%

Data for current USD rate line is

USD US Dollars 0.77920 $ 2 Nov 28 2006, 23:37 PM

..... the date will change when you update it but you have to manually add the exchange rates unless you have an "Automatic Currency Updater" ... hint hint.

A "Tax included" message is a bit more complex get the basics first.

Remember to go to the bottom and press "Update settings" when you are in General Settings. Just changing the box doesnt alter anything other that the screen your looking at.

Cheers

Ken

PS. its late now so ill check on your reply in the morning ....

Thanks again Ken... This is what I have:

Tax Class Rate (%) Action

GST 10.0000 Edit

Tax Exempt 0.0000 Edit Delete

GST 10.0000 Edit

%

But I can't delete the bottom GST it's so frustrating! Also did you have any idea about the other post... The "Tax Incl" thingy? */*

Guest groovejuice

From what you've said, there are 2 likely culprits. First, Include Tax in Prices should be "no" since you are not adding the tax into the product price, you want the cart to calculate this. Second, you must go through the entire check out process before the tax is calculated and added in.

Thanks again Ken... This is what I have:

Tax Class Rate (%) Action

GST 10.0000 Edit

Tax Exempt 0.0000 Edit Delete

GST 10.0000 Edit

%

But I can't delete the bottom GST it's so frustrating! Also did you have any idea about the other post... The "Tax Incl" thingy? ;)

Still can't delete my extra Tax... Any ideas?

Guest KGBelectronics

Still can't delete my extra Tax... Any ideas?

G'day Tom,

Thanks for the admin access. Yep you have a problem.

Good news is there is a fix.

What's happened is that youve got an extra entry in you taxes table in the database.

Using phpmyadmin (or whatever you have to access your database) go to the "CubeCart_taxes" table.

Click on the Browse button and you should see three entries, maybe more ...

Delete All EXCEPT the entries with id = 1 and 2

Change the entry with id = 1 to read taxName = GST and percent = 10.000

Change the entry with id = 2 to read taxName = Tax Exempt and percent = 0

Exit phpmyadmin and enjoy

PS I placed a couple of test orders so if you get some emails just ignore them (or send me the schnapps, whichever you prefer). Let me know how you go ....

Cheers

Ken

Guest KGBelectronics

Hey Ken,

Thanks again for the info! So how did that happen? A glitch in the system?

The TAX has gone? :dizzy: Did you do this? If so how?

PM sent. Just follow the instructions for the database change ... forget the smoke and mirrors!