adding text and images to categories

Guest jamie750

Guest jamie750

hi

what i want to do is add images and text to my products page, you know when you go into a category it shows you the products in that category wat i want to do is have a description and a pic above the products, every website seems to have it i just cannot work out how to do it

any help would be appreciated

thanks

Guest jamie750

hi

everybody

ive installed that mod off estelle`s site, it said click to update database which i did, it was updated but i cant find how you add text to descriptions, its not in admin mode, all thats there is view cat. and add cat and when you try to edit cat. all you can do is upload an image file so im lost

please help, i know im thick

by the way my site is www.rimcitywheels.co.uk/cube and ive designed a new look (not finished yet) which is gonna be implemented by a designer this week, ive attached a copy of the new style

thanks in advance

jamie

Hi Jamie :lol:

Sorry we can't provide any support for third-party mods in this forum ~ you may get some help with this by posting at CubeCart.org or by contacting the mod author directly. I can say that there must be changes to some admin files and store core files, not just a database upgrade.

Please post at cubecart.org for follow-up.

BTW, site photo looks good ;)

hi

everybody

ive installed that mod off estelle`s site, it said click to update database which i did, it was updated but i cant find how you add text to descriptions, its not in admin mode, all thats there is view cat. and add cat and when you try to edit cat. all you can do is upload an image file so im lost

please help, i know im thick

by the way my site is www.rimcitywheels.co.uk/cube and ive designed a new look (not finished yet) which is gonna be implemented by a designer this week, ive attached a copy of the new style

thanks in advance

jamie

I use this mod as well. There is more to the mod then just running the database update. You have to edit several files in admin in order to be able to add/edit the descriptions and several in the template files for them to show on the front end. Read the instructions that came with Estelle's mod and follow them carefully.

Guest jamie750

Hi Jamie :lol:

Sorry we can't provide any support for third-party mods in this forum ~ you may get some help with this by posting at CubeCart.org or by contacting the mod author directly. I can say that there must be changes to some admin files and store core files, not just a database upgrade.

Please post at cubecart.org for follow-up.

BTW, site photo looks good ;)

thanks mark ill try that

Guest jamie750

thanks for everyone`s help on this post, ive managed to do it and get it workin, was a case of reading the instructions "properly" then doing it slowly :lol:

jamie