Why Cubecart?

Guest benji_styler

Guest benji_styler

Hi i am using cube cart to create a site, which is nearly finished. I chose cubecart because it was free (i have bought a license now) used php and looked easy to mod, edit and adapt.

I had a brief look at other solutions such as zencart but got attracted to cubecart and jumped into developing my site.

Could someone please explain to me alternative solutions that could have been used there advantages over cubecart and cubecarts advantages over them.

what are cubecarts limitions, problems etc.

i can see that cubecart is chep, open source etc.

any ideas, articles etc would really help me out. Maybe any info on e-commerce as a whole.

cheers, ben.

To get a better understanding, what are you using your cart for? Tangible goods? Digital goods? What requirements do you have and what is your knowledge of CSS, php, html, etc.

This allows a better comparison between the pros and cons.

CubeCart is not 'open source' software, it is commercial software. You can however edit the source code.

The biggest benefits to CubeCart over the others is the ease of skinning, and the ease of managing an online shop. The others are just over complicated, and difficult to make a really unique store design.

Most small businesses do not have the technical knowhow (or confidence) to use the likes of Zen, where as CubeCart is as easy as it gets.