Shopping cart is empty when checking out

Well, I figure the first response I'll get is to search, but I searched here and google, found similar problems, but no answers.

Here is my problem. I can add to cart, view cart, view basket (Step 4), then when I click Continue to take me step 5, it tells me my cart is empty.

I've attached a screenshot, don't know if it helps. you can test it yourself if that helps at http://www.freebusinesscards.info.

I'm on a mac and tried Firefox 2, Safari, Flock. Then went to a PC and tried IE.

Thanks,

Brandon

I don't know if it will help anyone else, but I went into PHPMyAdmin and deleted all sessions stored in the CubeCart_sessions table, then was able to do it...maybe the sessions were causing the problem?

• 7 months later...

I don't know if it will help anyone else, but I went into PHPMyAdmin and deleted all sessions stored in the CubeCart_sessions table, then was able to do it...maybe the sessions were causing the problem?

didnt fix the issue for me.

add product to basket.

click view basket

redirect to secure (https) basket page

and basket is empty.

Guest kaskudoo

also, check for accepting cookies accordingly. if the browser will not accept cookies, because it comes from a different source (say like from the non-'www' site to the 'www' site) it might reject the cookie and thus the basket is not filled (=cookie not read).

this might not be it though, since you checked on so many different browsers. i have no problem on my mac/pc's but occasionally some customers complain that they have an empty basket and i always suspect IE security settings.