Captcha and Flood control

Guest lamina

Hi,

I have a CC3.0.15 store working well but had some problems with "Tell a Friend" getting 'stuck' - the confirmation page that tells you that the email has been sent never appeared

Also, the same effect happened when I tested a new registration - it never got past the new registration page.

I got round this by disabling Script/Bot Flood Control - after tearing my hair out for a few hours :-))

Now I realise that my problems are probably due to the Captcha spam prevention system not being available or installed or corrupted

Question : where'd it go and how do I get it back?

Regards

Richard

• 5 months later...
Guest MikeRz

What is the URL to the store?

Hi,

URL is www.elf-magic.co.uk/bazaar/

Regards

Richard

I have emailed you the updated template. The tellafriend template was updated in a recent version of CubeCart.

I am using version 3.0.16 and I don't get a Captcha graphic. I have to turn off flood control in order to use tell a friend. Can you post what changes took place in the tellafriend.php code?

Update---- I've just tracked the problem down to the skin I'm using. I purchased 'Fashion Red' and 'Fashion Green'. I copied the tellafriend.php code from the 'Classic' skin and everything is fine!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jhillhouse

I am using version 3.0.16 and I don't get a Captcha graphic. I have to turn off flood control in order to use tell a friend. Can you post what changes took place in the tellafriend.php code?

Update---- I've just tracked the problem down to the skin I'm using. I purchased 'Fashion Red' and 'Fashion Green'. I copied the tellafriend.php code from the 'Classic' skin and everything is fine!!!!

Thanks,

Mike

I am looking for information also on stopping some spammer use of my website. I would like to know more about adding a captcha image to my site. Is there a mod that will allow it to be added to check out. I am using a third party skin and just added the tell a friend change involving the captcha image. I am running 3.0.16 version CC.

Store URL:

http://www.northwashoutfitters.com/store

Jared H.