Cubecart problems

cb2004

This software contains some problems. So small they should really have been fixed by now. Hopefully in 3.1.

Parsing array keys error? Why does this only work on some products. Some code has been disabled on the recommendation by Al but we shouldnt have to disable code.

Clicking continue in the basket when logged in goes to step 2 which does absolutely nothing.

Tax, dont get me started.

Product options, should be able to affect stock number. Input x amount in a certain colour etc.

Now I am really really fond of this software. At the top of its field for the price. But with 15 releases in the 3 series stuff should of been ironed out.

Are there plans to fix this stuff in 3.1?

There is a mod over at cc.org which I believe means that stock levels are related to product options.

There is a mod for quick checkout which I think bypasses step 2.

Tax - which country are you based in that affects this function so badly for you?

I think many of the 15 versions have been security/bug fixes and not modifications to the actual script as you have described.

Hi cb2004,

I think the problem is that although online shops are all the same really, they are subtly very different depending on the type of business.

I have a client that wants stock to be at the product level, not the options level. (They make coffee and the options are for grind size) I have another that wants stock to be on the option level (sell jackets and stock control needs to be on size of jackets).

If everything could be controlled from the admin panels, then the programme would be monstrous. The superb templating has allowed me to easily customise these features with little trouble, including the tax issue. (I don't have a client that wants tax to be broken down although I think trading standards would have something to say about that.) So switched off tax and removed tax item from cart templates.

There is an element though with cube cart, that it has a mixed audience. Developers/amateur developers and shop owners. Each wants a different thing. Cube cart seems to straddle them very well to me.

I am most impressed with the security aspects. Very impressive except the lack of a captcha code for admin screen (I bet there is a mod available though) and, sadly, it has so far proved impossible for me to change the admin folder to something more secure, like 'admin8654598ihtfdsg' or something similar. Too many hard references to 'admin' folder. :)

Like you though, I am very fond of cubecart too, having tried many others, cube cart is in comparison fabulous. IMHO.

Paul

Well, having been in discussions with Al for months on the upgrades that will be CubeCart 3.1.0, I can tell you that most if not all of what's been mentioned here are incorporated and a LOT more. 3.1.0 will be a huge improvement over what 3.0.x is. LOTS more features and customization available to end users.

;)

I can tell you that most if not all of what's been mentioned here are incorporated and a LOT more. 3.1.0 will be a huge improvement over what 3.0.x is. LOTS more features and customization available to end users.

Yes but I think the big question is how easy will it be to upgrade.

Given people have got various mods already installed, how well will these integrate? I'm not looking for answers as I don't think people know.

I for one have Aikdo's 4 additional fields mod for products and I don't want to lose this functionality... it would mean a lot of work.