Stock level

xyncro

Hi.. :(

..does anyone know why the stock level is not changing..?? :(

no matter how many items i buy from the store, there's still the amount i gave when i added the product..

should this not work like the instock mod for CC2, where one's taken and the stock decreases with one and so on..??

when i'm looking at product inventory - add product, somewhere there it says "Stock Level:

(This level reduces each time an item is sold.)"

any suggestion/solution to this..??

thx..

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently there is a MOD available on the ORG site! Had a quick search but didn't find it.

But, it would appear this maybe is a feature and not a problem!

I'm just getting near the end of getting my site live but I'm just using the Postal Order gateway for testing.

It will not reduce the stock UNTIL you manually change the status of the order under Admin for each separate order!

It would be nice if there was a tick box option to auto reduce stock or not when using Postal Order option!

Can someone confirm is there a process for recoding and posting changes between CC versions?

So when there are functionality changes you'll have the info before you upgrade or not etc?

It will not reduce the stock UNTIL you manually change the status of the order under Admin for each separate order!

..mm yes i understand.. :yeahhh:

but.. :errm:

if i intend to sell out some stuff and not order them anymore then i'll have some problems if the stock functions are NOT automated, i would need to sit and watch each and every incoming order and then process them fast to reduce stock... naaa!!! who does that..?? it wouldn't be right anyway..

let's say i have 10 left and a customer orders more, the buy would continue since the stock would not stop or inform the customer that there is only 10 to order.. and what if.. there were other customers at the same time ordering the same stuff, products that aren't there.. puhh!!.. :)

well.. this ain't good.. :huh:

as you said jabba..

It would be nice if there was a tick box option to auto reduce stock or not when using Postal Order option!

This is something I'm also concerned about. It would be extremely time consuming to have to manually do this on every single order.

Like Jabba, I also think there's a paid for mod somewhere on cc org although I'm not sure where.