shopper password recovery

Guest glogo_o

Guest glogo_o

Dear Friends,

I was very pleased with the way cubecart set up. It was easy. That was important because I am new to db's etc.

So, now almost everything is done for the beta startup, but as I am testing I realized that the password reset is working, but CC is not sending the new password out to the customer. this would be very bad for business, if the customer cannot remember his password for ten minutes, tries a reset and then cannot log in after he remembers the old password because the server reset it but did not inform him of the new password...

Am I missing something here? I surfed around the admin backend for a while but cannot find any settings to change.

I had planned on getting a license as soon as the system is up and working. I really thought it was okay. Still would like to.

Can anyone help?

(Big Sigh!)

Thanks.

Gloria

http://satyachetana.com/cubec/index.php

Guest glogo_o

Have you done any test orders to see if the email system works? I have 3.0.15 and the password function works perfectly.

No, Thanks for asking, I have not done any test orders. I have not done so because my paypal account is live and I would have to pay and be reimbursed. I considered that a bit cumbersome.

But, if I log in as a customer with three different customer accounts and 'forget' my password and ask the system to mail me a new one, it should do so, should it not?

Where is there anything to configure to tell it to send the email to the customer and what does this have to do with the function of ordering? As far as my logic tells me, the two are separate issues, apples and oranges.

If I make an account and lose my password and resquest for a new one, why should I not receive an email, especially when on the screen it says one has been sent to that address????

For the moment I have taken it off-line. The server is semi-live. In other words, I have not publicized the domain. but someone could stumple upon it. So, I had to unlink it from the main site until I can, (whether I can) resolve this very critical issue.

Consider this: A customer registers an account, makes an order and then wants to add to that or something and forgets for a moment his password. We all have hundreds of these accounts. Indeed, I have to login in order to post here and on tens of other forums. So, it is not unusual if someone forgets a password for a few minutes. So, the customer says, okay, let me get a new password. Then he enters his address into the field, hits submit. the server changes his password but does not send him any new password.

Now, he has made an order, has no access to that account and is frustrated because he cannot log in. What kind of an impression does this make?

I am just wondering what went wrong where.

This cubecart was installed automatically by my server (cpanel). Surely someone must have experienced this before. I wonder because I found nothing on your site anywhere that would refer to a problem such as this.'

Thanks in advance for any help.

Otherwise, back to square one with shopping cart technology.

Gloria

Guest dpage44

Where is there anything to configure to tell it to send the email to the customer and what does this have to do with the function of ordering? As far as my logic tells me, the two are separate issues, apples and oranges.

CubeCart does not have a built in email server. You have to "hook it up" to one. The settings are on the General Settings page in the Admin section. This is the same email server that notifies the site admin when an order is placed, or sends the customer an order update, or sends an email to tell a friend about a product, or sends out email to subscribers, or emails lost passwords ( it actually generates,changes, and sends another password). All the above functions work with my version of CC except the tell a friend. It has a code error and I currently have a support ticket open.

You may have PayPal sending an order comfirmation, but you still need a smtp server, local or remote for the other shop email functions. Check with your host. They should be able to help.