3.0.15 stuck at step 3 - 1251 MySQL error

I am getting this error:

MySQL Error Occured

1251: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

I use Godaddy which I would think has the latest stuff. I am trying to do a fresh install of this version.

thanks,

Terri

Guest Brivtech

Your version of mySQL is too advanced for the scripts trying to address it - The version of MySQL that you're running (Possibly 5.x) is not backwards compatible with the CubeCart software scripts trying to use it.

To rectify this problem, you will need to set up a new database. You should have several version options to choose from, and version 4.x should work without problems.

It's nothing to do with your hosting, just an incompatibility between versions. I thought CC had been upgraded to work with this, but perhaps not enough for the latest mySQL version.

if you have any further problems regarding this, contact your hosting technical support, who can advise you on exactly how to set up a new database, or perhaps change the version of the existing one.