Errors (Upgrade 3.0.15)

Guest blameless jaybee

Guest blameless jaybee

Good day,

This post is strictly to make others aware of a problem I encountered, not in any way to diminish the effectiveness of the products involved; I am a proud customer of CubeCart.

You can check out my site for reference purposes at BLAMELESS CLOTHING.

Earlier today I upgraded, using the download 3.0.14_3.0.15_ChangedFilesOnly.zip ( 89.13k ).

Unfortunately, it causes my notification emails to drastically change. In fact, through testing, I found that the Store owner, and the Customer received email notifications of the transaction that included only the product purchased and no other information. There was no Store, Customer, or Payment information included in the emails. The gateways used were PayPal Pro (Direct Payments, and Express Checkout).

Not only were the email notification insufficient, but also there was an error in the Direct Payment "Payment" and "Completed Order" Screens.

I have greatly modified code on this site, and there within may lie the core of these problems. You will see as you walk through the above mentioned site, where I have made changes.

Fortunately, I backed up my store before making the upgrade. All I had to do to fix the problem was reinstall the folders that had been overridden in the "simple upgrade" that modifies only the changed files from version 3.0.14 to version 3.0.15. These reinstalled back-up folders included all contents from "admin, language, includes, modules, and classes" folders.

I will make note that the upgrade download page CLICK HERE did state the following:

////////////////////////////

Upgrade is not important unless any of the following affect you.

* FCKEditor Output \" issue Fixed (Only affects some)

* Slashes issue in Bulk Emailer issue Fixed (Only affects some)

* Remove Link Fixed for managing products in multiple categories

* New Nochex APC Module Bundled

* Updates to AsianPay Module

* Updates to PayJunction Module

* Updates to PayPal Express Checkout & Direct Payment Modules (Allows Non-US Dollar Payments)

* Link Corrected in EGold module

* Finnish language file updated

* USPS Fix for those who upgraded from versions 3.0.12 and older

////////////////////////////

In an effort to continue the excellence of this community,

-jaybee

BLAMELESS CLOTHING