Embedding Video!

Guest Dazzy

hey all

When trying to embed video in my products page I encounter a problem the editor messes the code (html view in editor)

start with

<OBJECT id="VIDEO" width="320" height="240" 

style="position:absolute; left:0;top:0;"

CLASSID="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6"

type="application/x-oleobject">

<PARAM NAME="URL" VALUE="your file or url">

<PARAM NAME="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" VALUE="True">

<PARAM NAME="AutoStart" VALUE="True">

<PARAM name="uiMode" value="none">

<PARAM name="PlayCount" value="9999">

</OBJECT>

and end up with this, after submitting

<object id="\"VIDEO\"" style=""LEFT: " type="\"application/x-oleobject\"" height="\"240\"" width="\"320\"" classid="\"CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6\"">

<param value="\"your" name="\"URL\"/" or="" file=""/>

<param value="\"True\"" name="\"SendPlayStateChangeEvents\"/"/>

<param value="\"True\"" name="\"AutoStart\"/"/>

<param value="\"none\"" name="\"uiMode\"/"/>

<param value="\"9999\"" name="\"PlayCount\"/"/></object>

anyone any ideas?

Many thannks

Guest Brivtech

It's escaping the quotes, so the print as text quotes rather than code.

I'm assuming from the information you provided, that you're adding this in when you add or edit a product...

You need to click on the SOURCE button on the FCK editor to be able to enter the code correctly.

If you click it again, the code disappears, don't panic, because the code doesn't actually display anything, because it's supposed to perform a function instead.

Clicking it once more will bring all the code back correctly.

Doing this, using exactly your example, this is an extract from the actual generated page source code afterwards:

<object width="320" height="240" id="VIDEO" style="position: absolute; left: 0pt; top: 0pt;" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" type="application/x-oleobject">

<param name="URL" value="your file or url"/>

<param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="True"/>

<param name="AutoStart" value="True"/>

<param name="uiMode" value="none"/>

Which seems to be a good enough match, and would probably work if the syntax is correct, and the URLs are populated correctly.

<param name="PlayCount" value="9999"/> </object>

It's escaping the quotes, so the print as text quotes rather than code.

I'm assuming from the information you provided, that you're adding this in when you add or edit a product...

You need to click on the SOURCE button on the FCK editor to be able to enter the code correctly.

If you click it again, the code disappears, don't panic, because the code doesn't actually display anything, because it's supposed to perform a function instead.

Clicking it once more will bring all the code back correctly.

Doing this, using exactly your example, this is an extract from the actual generated page source code afterwards:

<object width="320" height="240" id="VIDEO" style="position: absolute; left: 0pt; top: 0pt;" classid="CLSID:6BF52A52-394A-11d3-B153-00C04F79FAA6" type="application/x-oleobject">

<param name="URL" value="your file or url"/>

<param name="SendPlayStateChangeEvents" value="True"/>

<param name="AutoStart" value="True"/>

<param name="uiMode" value="none"/>

Which seems to be a good enough match, and would probably work if the syntax is correct, and the URLs are populated correctly.

<param name="PlayCount" value="9999"/> </object>

Thats what I am doing, i do click on source, but when I save the product, the code gets messed up.

• 2 years later...
Guest chsirecat

Forgot to add that once I add the code, if I click on the source button again the video shows and plays, but then once I save the page nothing.

Did anyone ever figure out this problem? I have a client that wants to add samples of audio and video into the products section. I did a sample of a youtube video to see if it would work and I got the same problem of it working until you click the add product button...

• 2 weeks later...

The video thing is a pain in the butt when adding into CC3 product description HTML code. I have the same issues so I am sure it is something with the FCK editor.

It would probably be better to just have a mod of some type that you can paste the video code into so it will save it separately in the database ... then when someone views the product, if there is code in the video field of the database for that product then it will show it. Not sure how to do that but it is the only thing I can think of to bypass the problem of the video code changing by itself.

-Tim H.