FCKeditor not showing up!!!

Guest fuggypunx

Guest fuggypunx

Hi people,

I've been searching through this forum but no article could help me on this one.

I installed CubeCart 3.0.15 using Fantastico. Thing is in the admin panel, FCKeditor does not show up where it's supposed to be in order to add content, products etc.

Instead of that, it says:

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/includes/rte/editor/fckeditor.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at southernsales.com.ar Port 80

What can I do??? I really don't have a clue on how to solve this. I just found how good cubecart is, but this is really annoying me and not letting me go on building my cart!

Replies will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

Ariel

Guest Meow Meow

Hi people,

I've been searching through this forum but no article could help me on this one.

I installed CubeCart 3.0.15 using Fantastico. Thing is in the admin panel, FCKeditor does not show up where it's supposed to be in order to add content, products etc.

Instead of that, it says:

Not Found

The requested URL /admin/includes/rte/editor/fckeditor.php was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/1.3.37 Server at southernsales.com.ar Port 80

What can I do??? I really don't have a clue on how to solve this. I just found how good cubecart is, but this is really annoying me and not letting me go on building my cart!

Replies will be much appreciated!

Thanks in advanced.

Ariel

Have you tried to reinstall Cubecart? That would be the first thing I do.

Guest devstudent

Reinstall isn't going to fix the problem, you could redownload and reinstall 100 times and you'll still have this problem. The problem is that your looking for it in the wrong place.

In my newly downloaded CubeCart_3.0.15 the file fckeditor.php is not located where you are looking for it at.

You need to edit your URL or just go to the file yourself and run it.

Your looking for it in...

/admin/includes/rte/editor/fckeditor.php

and they actualy put the file here...

/admin/includes/rte/fckeditor.php

Note the addition of the extra directory in the path that it is looking for it verse above where the file actually resides (1 level down).

If you don't know how to change or edit where it's looking for it at to be able to leave it as is, then just move all the associated files into that "editor" directory (folder) where it's looking for them at.

Associated files look to be

fckconfig.js

fckeditor.js

fckeditor.php

fckstyles.xml

and just for posterity, move the license.txt file

Then run it again, no need to reinstall anything, the move of the above files will likely be the easiest plan for you, I did a quick, not indepth mind you, look over all the source code of associated files and nothing stood out to look as though moving these files would be a problem for you.

Guest Meow Meow

How's fantastic, devstudent! That's what I love about Cubecart forums: new ideas, recommendations, and fixes...

Sometimes the tone of the messages could use some fixes as well (mine included). :)

Guest devstudent

The "tone of the message"?

My message was written in plain text format

No tones or markup languages inserted, if your finding a tone in my message your reading it into it that way yourself.

Guest comit

Hi,

I've downloaded vCubeCart_3.0.14 & CubeCart_3.0.15 and am getting:

Error loading "../fckstyles.html".

I have tried placing above file & associated files fckconfig.js

fckeditor.js

fckeditor.php

fckstyles.xml

into the admin/includes/rte/editor folder but still get error?

I have downloaded releases from cubecart and hosting is with one.com, all other items seem to be working apart from the editor?

Can anyone pls shed any light, help appreciated.

Thanks

Guest devstudent

Times like this I wish I had Cube Cart installed somewhere so I could look at it. This other person never came back and said they had a problem, that's strange.

What this error is telling you is it's looking for a file fckstyles.html down one directory (which is where all these files were before manualy moving them).

The Developers here would have been more helpful, this would of taken them a half a second to know where they placed all this stuff in their code instead of my having to dig through all of it trying to find it. There is no fckstyles.html so it must be getting dynamicly generated somewhere in the code.

While waiting for one of the staff who already know where in the code they are doing this and can just tell you all I can suggest is placing the files where it's looking for them at, it won't break anything, it just either will or will not work, and no, you shhouldn't have to do this, this is the result of a minor mistake in the code somewhere.

When you look in that directory you moved those other files to do you see if a fckstyles.html was generated and placed in there, I'm just wondering if it even made it that far?

If the page was generated at least this won't be so bad, just a matter of moving the files around till we satisfy where everything is being looked for at. If it was generated being able to see the source code of the fckstyle.html file would tell us what else and where that particular file is going to be looking for stuff at and what other errors we can expect.

Most likey then the fckstyles.html file is going to be looking for these possibly in its same directory (folder)...

fckeditor.js

fckstyles.xml

and you'll probably have to move them back, moving them up in my first instructions was a best guess on my part, looks like I may have guessed wrong since I'm working blind here I guess that to be expected.

So lets back things up from my original instructions (guess) and take it one error at a time till a staff member can either just tell us, or we get it working for you.

Move all the other files back to where they were and lets just move the first file noted in the error and let me know what happens.

So that means, those additional files I suggested to move in the forst post, move them back to where they were, then as per what the first error encountered was telling us, move only that

fckeditor.php

file to the directory it was looking for the file in and caused the initial error message, you should then have this...

/admin/includes/rte/editor/fckeditor.php

/admin/includes/rte/fckconfig.js

/admin/includes/rte/fckeditor.js

/admin/includes/rte/fckstyles.xml

-or, if you wanted to just skip all these troubleshooting steps and make sure no matter where it looks for these stupid files at as written in the code that it is guaranteed to find them, you could make a copy of ALL the mentioned files here and place ALL the files in both the /rte/ directory, and the /rte/editor/ directory. Doing this would not hurt anything, of course we would have a couple of very small loose and worthless files hanging around that wouldn't need to be there, but you could be sure no matter where it was looking for what file it could find it.

Guest Brivtech

We're not staff, we're volunteers. We also have other problems to attend to in personal and business lives, and make every effort possible to answer topics wherever possible. Sometimes a particular topic may be out of someones expertise.

The only time that the developers get involved in answering questions is generally when you've paid the licensing fee and open up a support ticket.

... and before you say it, I haven't answered this topic because I don't have a magic answer - I would need to look through files and code to narrow it down. I don't have the time to do this now, it's past my bedtime already.

Guest devstudent

I didn't realize you guys were volunteers, and to think my next question to you Brivtech was going to be how do you cash your paycheck from here each week and still sleep at night with it on your concious. I'm just kidding about that, you do a fine job, I'm impressed to now find out your here slaving away as only a volunteer!

I also didn't try to imply someone wasn't doing their job in answering this, only that someone who already knows the inner workings of the code would be able to easily look at this problem and tell people exactly where in the code the mistake was made and offer a quick code edit fix.

It's kind of odd only a couple of people ran into this problem though, I'd think every single person doing a new install would have the same issue. Not something people should have to pay for support to resolve though, probably more of something that should be submitted in a bug report instead. If people install something, run into what seems to be huge problems for them (even though this is just a tiny problem, it likely seems huge to some people) then it's likely they just delete it all and move on to try a different shopping cart software without ever saying anything, and certainly without ever wanting to buy a license. If on the other hand, a person installed the software without problems, why would they get rid of it and not instead want to go ahead and buy a license so they can remove the copyright info and make their sites look more professional.

Seeing as how your a volunteer though Brivtech, you should put a tip jar out in your signature tag, link it directly through your own payment gateway with a quick pay button on the bottom of all your posts.

Guest comit

UPDATED POST

Hi,

I've downloaded vCubeCart_3.0.14 & CubeCart_3.0.15 and am getting:

Error loading "../fckstyles.xml" - NOTE THIS IS NEW INSTALL

I have downloaded releases from cubecart and hosting is with one.com, all other items seem to be working apart from the editor?

Can anyone pls shed any light, help appreciated.

Thanks

Guest devstudent

I see how you are, changing your story on me huh?

Did you just try to copy all the files I mentioned in this post into both directories so they all exist no matter where it wants to look for them at?

Guest comit

I see how you are, changing your story on me huh?

Did you just try to copy all the files I mentioned in this post into both directories so they all exist no matter where it wants to look for them at?

From original install as you may know the files in the admin/includes/rte/ are as follows:

editor [folder]

fckconfig.js

fckeditor.js

fckeditor.php

fckstyles.xml

license.txt

Using original install i.e. above when I click on Edit products I get the following dialog box:

Error loading "..fckstyles.xml"

I have copied above files (5) into the editor folder (admin/includes/rte/editor) but still get same error!!

Other aspects of CC seem to work, but I can't get the Rich Text Editor (RTE) to show??

Appreciate any help, or if anyone else has had similar issue.

Thanks in advance :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Tallbloke

I have the same problem if that is any help!

On opening any page where FCKeditor is meant to be, I get a pop up that tells me fckstyles.xml can't be loaded.

I really hope there is a fix for this!

Guest Tallbloke

Sorted this....

My webserver was running APACHE::ASP and this was andling the xml files.

Badly as it turns out!

I went back to pre APACHE::ASP version of httpd.conf and all was good :errm:

• 1 year later...

HAs anyone ever found a solution to his. I used bith the servers fantastico installation as well as a manual installation and the fck editor doesn't work for me. It is very strange because I have another site on the server running ccrt 3 and it works fine. I even tried uploading its structure to overwrite the new one but it still does not work..

Anyone??

• 11 months later...

HAs anyone ever found a solution to his. I used bith the servers fantastico installation as well as a manual installation and the fck editor doesn't work for me. It is very strange because I have another site on the server running ccrt 3 and it works fine. I even tried uploading its structure to overwrite the new one but it still does not work..

Anyone??

I found a solution for this problem. Based on what I read on this page:

http://cksource.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f...628&start=0

First, make a backup a your file fckstyles.xml

Edit your file fckstyles.xml and change this line:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

With this line:

<?= '<' . '?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?' . '>'; ?>

Save and retry.

It worked for me.

Jean

• 1 month later...