1044: Access denied for user

Guest murkington

Guest murkington

Hello everyone,

I've been searching on this board trying to find a similar scenario, however I've been unsuccessful. If anyone knows of another post that I missed, let me know...

Anywho, I'm installing 3.0.15 on my server. I've created the cubecart database with all the tables and whatnot. Now I'm getting an error when I try to view my cart:

MySQL Error Occured

1044: Access denied for user: 'cubecart_store@%' to database 'cubecart'

The actual name of my database should be 'cubecart_store' NOT 'cubecart_store@%'. I don't know why it is adding those extra characters.

Anyone ever encountered this? I'm using 3.0.14 with the 3.0.15 upgrade.

Thanks

Matt

Guest Sierra Dynamic

When you created your cube cart (or any) MySQL database you also have to then assign a user and give that user full permission for the data base, this does not just happen for you when you create it and very often and very easily gets over looked as a common mostake by people (even myself sometimes when I forget).

The cube cart how to docs do a very nice job of pointing this out. I'd start by checking to make sure your data base has a user and what privleges that user is allowed. Not sure what your using for your MySQL database management, most use and already have phpmyadmin that you could run and check to see if you gave yourself access and full rights to the data base you created.

If that all checks out I'd then look at how I had set my database up when creating it, using "localhost" instead of trying to use a domain name or IP address certainly I've found seems to cut down on a lot of problems from turning up later.

• 4 months later...
Guest OzzyWeb

i'm having the same problem when installing from CPANEL.

so i went into the database and found nothing was installed there. 0 tables.

only did mypublic_html diretory have files.

any ideas? is it mysql permission issue?

With cPanel, you not only have to create a database, but then a database user also. Then you have to assign full permissions to that user for each database.

:)