USPS has announced upcoming changes

We are informing you that USPS Web Tools will be implementing changes due to the May 2007 Rate Changes.

In May, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) will implement the new Rates in accordance with the Federal Register, to adjust postage prices to cover operational costs and respond to changes in the marketplace. With this change, the USPS Web Tools will release new version iterations and corresponding XML schemas for the APIs: domestic rates, international label and custom forms APIs.

I just received an email this morning that started with the above, and while I imagine that Al probably received the same message, I just wanted to make sure that everyone involved with the development and use of the USPS module knows that it will need to be updated in the coming months.

The main thing to notice is that the XML schema for the API (used to fetch real-time rates) is changing.

Thanks.

• 1 month later...

Guest midwest

We are informing you that USPS Web Tools will be implementing changes due to the May 2007 Rate Changes.

In May, the U.S. Postal Service (USPS) will implement the new Rates in accordance with the Federal Register, to adjust postage prices to cover operational costs and respond to changes in the marketplace. With this change, the USPS Web Tools will release new version iterations and corresponding XML schemas for the APIs: domestic rates, international label and custom forms APIs.

I just received an email this morning that started with the above, and while I imagine that Al probably received the same message, I just wanted to make sure that everyone involved with the development and use of the USPS module knows that it will need to be updated in the coming months.

The main thing to notice is that the XML schema for the API (used to fetch real-time rates) is changing.

Thanks.

Hey AlanT,

There is a thread in Shipping and Postage on this issue.

You will see that AL has been diligintly trying to figure this out.

Would you mind lending some assistance/suggestions if you can? We are all pulling our hair out :(

Thanks

midwest :)