Order Processing Comments

Hi,

Is there a copy of comments sent to customers when updating the status of an order?

For example, when I updated an order to "completed" I added a comment for the customer to see. I've gone back to look at the order, and now I am not sure whether I had checked the box to send the comment, or what the contents of the comment was.

Is there any place to look for the comment(s) in the Admin Control screens, or via phpMyAdmin in the database?

Thanks in advance. I'll continue to poke around, but hope someone here knows for sure, and how to examine the hostory of an order if it changes state or comments are exchanged with the customer.

-Carl

No, the comments sent to the customer are not stored in the database, they are just emailed to them. If you want to keep a copy of them, put them in the Staff Comments box - those are stored.

Thanks Mysty!

I was beginning to think a table was missing in the DB.

I think I'll look into a mod that sends a copy of all outgoing email to an internal address, since someone may say something that constitutes a contractual agreement, and we would not have a copy of it to confirm or dispute it.

Putting into staff comments is also a good idea. Thanks again.

-Carl