Error messages at first stages of installation

Guest foreknowapparel

Guest foreknowapparel

I just downloaded CubeCart Installation v3.0.15 and uploaded the files to my server. This is the first time installing Cubecart.

However, this message appears at the top when I go to my install dir. I have not proceeded with the install yet... can anyone tell me what this means or how I can fix this?

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/php/config.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ee/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ee/public_html/4nostore/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Warning: main(config.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ee/public_html/4nostore/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share/php') in /home/ee/public_html/4nostore/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Thanks.

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Did you type in your web address and configure the site, or did you delete the install directory already?

Proper install is load all files and directorys, then go to web site address to run configuration.

Guest foreknowapparel

Did you type in your web address and configure the site, or did you delete the install directory already?

Proper install is load all files and directorys, then go to web site address to run configuration.

I haven't changed anything or deleted anything at all. I just went to my install dir to begin installation and thats what I saw at the top so I didn't continue with it.

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Ok, I know when I just installed my CC (I have done this 3 times in the last 2 weeks because of my own stupid mistakes).

FTP everything in the Upload directory to your web sites public directory. Mine is the root or / yours may be public_html or other.

Then after you upload the files and directories in the Upload directory, you need to go to your web sites main address i.e www.yoursitename.com then you will be prompted for you info and SQL info and admin passwords.

Hope this helps.

I would also recommend you read the "Read Me.txt" before you install. This will be in the CubeCart_3.0.15 folder after you unzip it.

Guest foreknowapparel

Ok, I know when I just installed my CC (I have done this 3 times in the last 2 weeks because of my own stupid mistakes).

FTP everything in the Upload directory to your web sites public directory. Mine is the root or / yours may be public_html or other.

Then after you upload the files and directories in the Upload directory, you need to go to your web sites main address i.e www.yoursitename.com then you will be prompted for you info and SQL info and admin passwords.

Hope this helps.

I would also recommend you read the "Read Me.txt" before you install. This will be in the CubeCart_3.0.15 folder after you unzip it.

Are you saying you didn't install into another directory in your public_html / root

I can't go to mysite.com because I have a website up. I'm installing the store into a store/ directory which is in the root folder. So I go to mysite.com/store/

So strange, so I tried to install the store and it worked, I can see the store when I go to /store/ but I tried going to admin and

Warning: main() [function.main]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/share/php/config.inc.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/ee/:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Warning: main(config.inc.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening 'config.inc.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share/php') in /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php on line 2977

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2977) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2977) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2977) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 49

Do I have to move this file some where

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Ok, that will work, as long as you can access that page via the web. i.e. if you type in www.mystore.com/store you should get to the install portion of the site. Make sure that the store directory is accessible via the web in order for the install to work.

I just installed mine at root since I didn't have another store up on this host... changed hosts as well as carts... boy was that fun.

Guest foreknowapparel

Ok, that will work, as long as you can access that page via the web. i.e. if you type in www.mystore.com/store you should get to the install portion of the site. Make sure that the store directory is accessible via the web in order for the install to work.

I just installed mine at root since I didn't have another store up on this host... changed hosts as well as carts... boy was that fun.

Doesnt work, very strange!

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Sorry about my last post, for some reason I didn't see your whole post.... odd

Anyways. did you try to go to www.yourstore.com/store/admin ?

I take it that is where the issue is?

Also did you remove the install directory after it walked you through the setup?

Guest foreknowapparel

Yeah I did. Apparently im not the only one having this problem theres another guy with it who posted about it, but now when I go to the store front it works, I deleted that line that was having the issue in the lang. file and it got rid of that error message, but, when go to admin this is what I get (and this happened before i deleted that command line to include the config file from lang)

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 49

Guest foreknowapparel

Yeah I had that too and fixed it. I got the store to install even with that config error message but i dunno.. weird i just cant get to admin now.. but is that config control neccessary the onyl way i got rid of it was by deleting it in the lang. file

i keep getting cannot modify header errors all over the place and get even get into an admin session

says headers already sent

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 45

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/lang.inc.php:2972) in /home/ee/public_html/store/admin/includes/auth.inc.php on line 49

ANNNYONNEEE

i wish these things could just go easily but theres always problems

Guest pete1991

Yeah I had that too and fixed it. I got the store to install even with that config error message but i dunno.. weird i just cant get to admin now.. but is that config control neccessary the onyl way i got rid of it was by deleting it in the lang. file

i keep getting cannot modify header errors all over the place and get even get into an admin session

says headers already sent

ANNNYONNEEE

i wish these things could just go easily but theres always problems

Hi,

I am the gut from the other post! Permissions are not the problem, i can install the store but I have those errors written all over it! so i have started again and want to get rid of the errors before installing the store

Guest Cellular Amps LLC

Ok, maybe I haven't seen it yet, but can either one of you say what OS your web server is running as well as which version of CC you are loading.

Requirements:

PHP 4.1.1 + (Scripting Language) - PHP 5 supported.

MySQL 3.23 + (Database Server) - MySQL 5 supported.

GD 1.6 + (Image Library) recommended.

Linux / Unix hosting account recommended.

cURL with SSL support required for some shipping/payment modules.

Guest foreknowapparel

Ok, maybe I haven't seen it yet, but can either one of you say what OS your web server is running as well as which version of CC you are loading.

Requirements:

PHP 4.1.1 + (Scripting Language) - PHP 5 supported.

MySQL 3.23 + (Database Server) - MySQL 5 supported.

GD 1.6 + (Image Library) recommended.

Linux / Unix hosting account recommended.

cURL with SSL support required for some shipping/payment modules.

Apache version 1.3.34 (Unix)

PERL version 5.8.7

PHP version 5.0.5

MySQL version 4.0.27-standard

Guest foreknowapparel

It seems like I have everything working now.

I'm just going to edit some things, install a new skin, and try a test run.

Guest foreknowapparel

Changed (in lang.inc.php the last lines)

include("config.inc.php");

to

include("/home/ee/public_html/store/language/en/config.inc.php");");

(in my case, in someone else's case replace the ee and store directory to whatever yours are)