Help!?! I need to make this into a skin..

Guest bodyslam.co.uk

Guest bodyslam.co.uk

Hi,

I told my frend i would help him out with his new website.. so he gave me this design (attached.. i think)

I dont know were to start.. the top is flash.. and the rest is as seen...

Any ideas on what skin to base it on.. how to moove the sections into exact place (so it fits with the background)

And help would bee good...

Thanks Mike..

Well, your friend has created an interesting template. Only two things are required to do this: A proficiency with writing html and css (playing with wysiwyg editor doesn't count, can you write html and css from scratch?), and a familiarity with CubeCart file structure and knowledge of how the skin coding works in CubeCart.

Explaining in detail how to code the template into CubeCart would be a bit much :errm:

There are plenty of posts in the forums to help you, though, and you could always send your friend to a third-party design developer for a quote; such work is usually worth a few hundred dollars, not so bad.

I would not base this on an existing template, exactly. I'd probably take a Legend skin folder and rename it, then go to global/index.tpl and remove all code between <body> and </body> tags, then slice up the template images and being coding that file by hand, then move on to recode the other template files for categories, etc. etc. etc., a lot of work but worth it to have a unique cart appearance.