USPS and an invalid zipcode

Guest dpage44

Guest dpage44

I was having my wife test my store and she inadvertently put in the wrong zipcode. She got back:

Request XML:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<RateV2Request USERID="064MCKEN0807" PASSWORD=" "><Package ID="0"><Service>PRIORITY</Service><ZipOrigination>38201</ZipOrigination><ZipDestination>38202</ZipDestination><Pounds>0</Pounds><Ounces>4</Ounces><Container>Flat Rate Box</Container><Size>Regular</Size></Package></RateV2Request>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return XML:

<?xml version="1.0"?>

<RateV2Response><Package ID="0"><Error><Number>-2147219433</Number><Source>DomesticRatesV2:clsRateV2IDSErrorsFound:clsRateV2CreatePostage;RateEngineV2.P

rocessRequest</Source><Description>Destination ZIP Code is invalid.</Description><HelpFile></HelpFile><HelpContext>1000440</HelpContext></Error></Package></RateV2Response>

Is there a workaround for this? I have searched the forum and found info on the zip + 4 causing the same error. This was happenning in an earlier version and there was a code change to handle this, but I found nothing relating to the latest version. Anybody know of a hack or mod that would advise the customer to check the zipcode if a "Destination ZIP Code is invalid" error is returned?