Whole site SSL

Guest Glitter to Gore

Guest Glitter to Gore

I have spent the last five days dealing with iPower. My SSL cert was installed incorrectly twice, now it is finally working. This has led to problems with my site. Since the entire site is SSL, do I need to turn on the SSL? When I do turn it on, I'm lucky if the site even loads. I'm very new to the whole SSL thing, so please forgive my ignorance.

Anytime I try to do anything, once the SSL is on, I keep getting redirected to the home page. I hope to figure this out before I lose all my hair!

I also have issues with PayPal, but I'm saving those for when I have this quirk figured out.

By the way, I am using ver. 3.0.15

I have the SSL settings done correctly - tech support at iPower even looked at it and stated it was all good.

my site is www.glittertogore.com

Thank you,

Michelle

Glitter to Gore

• 11 months later...

iPower is the problem

their support is legendarily BAD their servers are over sold

their MySql Servers slow due to too many users hitting it all at once

How do I know? I have spent countless hours with iPower on chat and on phone

on the behalf of clients who were having the same issues as you and iPower always trying to blame the customer, the web developer (Me) or the application (CubeCart)

as soon as we moved people away from iPower (in itself a real chore when it comes to their registrar) almost 100% of their issues went away

Hosting Companies to stay away from

BlueHost

HostGator

iPower

just because its cheap doesnt make it good...

matter of fact because its cheap you can bet on slow servers and crappy support

also in almost every instance of a BlueHost, HostGator, or iPower hosting acct. the DNS is sooooo bad that there is always problems with the site or email

Kinetic