Mals E -Commerce--HELP!

Guest Alkaye

Guest Alkaye

I like using MAls e as our payment gateway..but have small problem.

When I get a notice of the sale, it lists the product as the receipt number instead of the actual item name or id

How can that be fixed?

• 11 months later...

I like using MAls e as our payment gateway..but have small problem.

When I get a notice of the sale, it lists the product as the receipt number instead of the actual item name or id

How can that be fixed?

Did you get this fixed as I am having the same problem - if so please let me know what you needed to do . . . Thanks

Guest Brivtech

I think that's just the way Mals-e works. It's an e-commerce system, and when you use it as a payment gateway, it works by placing an order for the transaction. Effectively, there are 2 orders, one on CubeCart that has the order detail, and one on Mals that has the amount and payment detail.

It's a complicated relationship that can appear confusing at first. This is why, as far as I understand it, Mals-e doesn't work quite like other payment gateways. It also does not satify PCI compliance, and you may find that if you are using it for manual credit card processing, your normal credit card terminal provider may get the hump and decline service.

Thanks for the info - I still wonder if there is a problem with the version 3.017 - I used to use a previous version and had no problems at all? . . . . Also the same is happening when you use paypal. Has there been a script mod in 3.017 . . . . thanks

EDIT: MOVED TO THIS POST BY A MODERATOR:

When an order is sent to mals-e there is no product information being passed apart from the order number and price. I am using 3.017. I am certain that in earlier versions of CC this did not occur and all the necessary info was passed across. Can anyone help with this? Perhaps there is a mod? . . . . thanks . . .

Moderator note:

Please wait for a reply, or politely bump the topic rather than posting new topics for a response to the same question.

No, mals never has been sent the item details. Not sure why you would need it - I just open the cc data in mals and process then delete it. I print the order details from cubecart. Has worked this way since v2 unless perhaps you had a mod that used to do something different and didn't reinstall it when you upgraded to 3.0.17??

• 1 year later...

No one has done it for v4 as far as I know - which is the main reason I won't upgrade my stores to v4 personally. I don't want to have to figure out SSL for all my stores and mals' works great for me.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...