New Items

I would like to take an old item and put it into the new items feature. Is there a way of doing that without removing the item and entering it again?

This is controlled by three things:

1. Depends on whether yes or no is chosen on add/edit product page for "include in latest products"

2. Depends on the number of latest products to display as set in store General settings

3. Depends on the auto-generated productId stored in database

Here is an example of how to do what you wish done. Your product, widget, was added weeks ago and does not show in latest prods. It was set to show on product page when it was added. You have set 10 products to show in latest prods in the store settings. the prouctId for widget is '10', and the productId for last product added to db is 112.

Go to your database manager, usually phpMyAdmin, and navigate to the database for this store. Then, to the CubeCart_inventory table, then use "Browse" to find widget at productId 10. Now, click to edit this entry (usually there is a pencil icon in phpMyAdmin to signify edit, click the pencil. Change the number 10 for productId to the number 113. Save.

Now, your widget will be shown as last item added.

Always backup your database before messing with it, only yopu are respobnsible for any damage caused by your poking around in the database. This tip is not given with any warranty whatsoever. :(

Guest dpage44

I would like to take an old item and put it into the new items feature. Is there a way of doing that without removing the item and entering it again?

I am assuming you are talking about the "Latest Products" area. Another thing you can do is randomize the order in which they appear. I use this "tweak" in my shop. The post is here

Is this Database manager within Cubecart? I can't find it. Do I have to go to my internet provider and find this thing there? This is totally foreign to me:database manager, usually phpMyAdmin, and navigate to the database for this store.

Help.

If you have a database manager, it will be in the web control panel that your webhost provides for your use.

Messing with the database can ruin the store installation if you are not careful, so be careful. Ask your web host for help. Also, read the pinned post here about backing up the database.