Featured Items

The way, Cube cart front page is set up, all the lists of products are pretty much determined by the software and dates. I would like to feature certain items on a section of the front page. I would like control of what items are featured. But the way my basic set up is, the recent items are determined by the software, so are the most popular items and the Featured item (singular). is there a way I can put a spot where I can put certain items I want to feature on the front page? I want more control of what appears on the front page. Thanks, Gary

Gary,

The Latest Products is determined by three things, as I have written in your other post. You have control over what goes there. If something is there and you do not want it ther, go to that product page in admin and choose "no" for showing in latest products.

In General settings, you can set the number of products to show there, example, you could set 12. Then, make sure all products in your store are set "no" for latest products, except for the 12 you want to show.

Popular products = of course you do not control this. This is controlled by number of page views. The more people look at a product, the higher its popularity. That is the meaning of popular products and that is how it works. If you want it to do something different, you need to modify the background code for popular products.

The so-called "featured product" box is a random product image that changes each time page is refreshed.