Who can give me some more info on the thumbnail images please?

Guest sparkdigital

Guest sparkdigital

Hi,

I'm having some difficulties to get my thumbnail images on the product listing pages to display. I've imported all my products using the import mod and in the image column I've named the image. I've then uploaded the images in the uploads/images folder using ftp. The images now show up on the product detail pages but not as a thumbnail on the product listing pages.

I've noticed that there wasn't a folder named .thumbs in the images folder so I've created one and given it permission 777.

The only way I can get a tumbnail image to display is to rename and resize the original image to thumb_filename.jpg and upload it into the newly created folder.

But surely there has to be an easier way to do this? Is this something to do with the GD settings?

Many thanks,

Konrad

If you have not done much work on customizing or configuration, I would seriously consider a re-installation, al the way back to a new database.

CC normally creates product thumbnails automatically from the single uploaded product image. The fact that yours does not suggests an issue that might be caused by a corrupted file. Start with a fresh download.

But if you've got too much work already into the project, you could wait for a response from one of the many more knowledgeable members here.

That failing, pay for the registration, which will also entitle you to tech support from CC itself.

Guest sparkdigital

Thanks for the suggestion but unfortunately plenty of mods here and I after working on it for quite a few days I can't face doing all that again...

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,

Konrad

If you can recall when this occured, meaning, after what mod installation or change, then you could try to remove that specific mod and try again. :P

There is a mod at cubecart.org to recreated thumbnails. You should try running it. Otherwise, you have to do it the hard way one image at a time.

By the way, the images are stored in /images/uploads/thumbnails NOT /images/thumbnails.