SSL help. This cant be difficult

Guest quietype

Guest quietype

This is frustrating ;)

The error message I get when selecting General Settings or other menu options from admin cp is

Not Found

The requested URL /home/******/public_html/admin/settings/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I use the browser back button and the admin cp appears but without the graphics and colors...weird. If I select any of the menu options I get the "Not Found 404 " error message again.

I have a dedicated IP and the SSL cert is set up with www. the global.inc is set up with www. and the Cubecart admin cp SSL config Absolute path is www.

I have to use the editconfig.php each time.....

Please help

Guest quietype

This is for Dedicated IP. The site is not located in a folder. It is in the root directory.

global.inc.php settings are as follows

$glob['rootDir' ] = '/home/houston214/public_html' ;

$glob['rootRel' ] = '/' ;

$glob['storeURL' ] = 'http://www.houston.com' ;

Admin CP settings

Root SECURE Public HTML Folder to store: /home/houston214/public_html/

Absolute SECURE URL to store:

The current issue is that the SSL locks "padlocks" flash then disappear in Internet Explorer 6 and 7 but the site is secure [https://www.houston.com. FF displays the locks fine.

AND

I can log into admin control panel but when I select any of the links on the sidebar menu e.g. General Settings, I get the following message:

Not Found

The requested URL /home/admin/settings/ was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Guest phelikz

quietype, i'm having the same issue with the admin login page, and since i recently posted my issue i have read numerous posts about the same thing. there does not seem to be an answer as of yet.

i'd say the reason your page isn't secured in IE is because your certificate has some kind of error... I use firefox, although having never opened your site before i got the warning that the certificate was not secure, and gave me the option to trust it anyways. if the certificate had been installed incorrectly (ie: pointing to the wrong page) it would merely say that and give me the option to trust anyways.

i believe IE7 has become bounds more picky about untrusted certificates. fix that problem first and maybe the other will work out?

Guest quietype

quietype, i'm having the same issue with the admin login page, and since i recently posted my issue i have read numerous posts about the same thing. there does not seem to be an answer as of yet.

i'd say the reason your page isn't secured in IE is because your certificate has some kind of error... I use firefox, although having never opened your site before i got the warning that the certificate was not secure, and gave me the option to trust it anyways. if the certificate had been installed incorrectly (ie: pointing to the wrong page) it would merely say that and give me the option to trust anyways.

i believe IE7 has become bounds more picky about untrusted certificates. fix that problem first and maybe the other will work out?

Yes I have to agree with you that there is a good chance that there is no fix for the SSL admin login issue...as of yet. Bummer... This cart is nice but I am coming across some comparable carts out there that could be easier to work with. I hope to find one very soon.

As for the SSL cert... it is a private cert and yes it must be added to your trusted root certificateion in order to continue on the secure pages of the website. Which most people browsing the site should have no prob doing because they should want to continue onto secure pages.

But the problem with IE is that even after you have installed the certificate as a "trusted root certification" into your Certificates tabs, and then taken to the secure site (You can tell this by hovering the mouse pointer over the links on the pages which will show up in the broowser status bar "https://www.houston.com/cart.php -secure Site), the padlock flashes then disappears. In FF you will see the padlocks displayed but not in IE. Both browsers will take you to the secure pages though.

I hope to give this a little bit more time so that I can hear from someone in development who can resolve this and if no answer I really have to select another program no later than tomorrow. How unfortunate. Thanks for the reply and please try and keep me posted. I will do the same.

Just as a bonus to you all, the upcoming release won't have this problem. It auto-detects its installed location so as to prevent these annoyances.

The problem I think for most people is that the variables in the global.inc.php file and the names used for the boxes in the Admin aren't consistent. They should use comments or some other indication of what settings should go where. For *most* people with dedicated SSL, the Admin settings will be identical to the global.inc.php settings with the exception of the https.

:)

Guest alby1

when the upcoming release will be available that auto-detects its installed location so as to prevent these annoyances?

I have a shared SSL and the store works but I can´t see del login page for the admin,

version 3.09 with explorer 6

• 4 months later...