Additional products shown

Guest dazza37

Guest dazza37

I'm going to kick myself if this is simple because I've tried loads of different things and searched till my fingers bled.

When you go to a product page, showing the product image and info, how do you show additional products with linked thumbnails somewhere else on that same page??

Hopefully yours,

Daz

Hi Dazza, your site is looking very interesting!

Well your link goes to a viewCat page, then clicking on a thumb takes you to a viewProd page. I *think* that you are asking, why can't you get the "product list thumbnails" at the bottom to show on the viewProd page, is this correct?

The reason is that you are missing the proper background code for that list in includes/content/viewProd.inc.php

You will have to mod that file as well as the template file in order for this to work.

Guest dazza37

Thanks for replying.

Yea, I figured those were the two files and have played around with them exstensively, but to no avail.

What's it gonna cost for a little insight on this? I'd send you a six pack but I think you're located in Europe, no?

Thanks

Guest dazza37

Am I correct in saying that even if I do get it worked out, that the products view pagination will reset to the first page of products? If so, is that going to be an easy work-around?

I just don't want to go too far and then figure out that I need to start at square one again.

Thanks,

Daz

I posted a mod once for doing this manually - don't remember if it was here or at the cubecart.org forums, but you can search for it in both. I called it "related products" I think. Gives you an extra text field and you can just add the thumbnails and links manually to any product you want on any page. Like on one of my sites http://www.sensualelegance.com/index.php?a...;productId=1481

Guest dazza37

Thanks Mysty,

I had to do a google search to find the mod post, which is here.

Although the installation was easy (thank-you), it's not going to work for what I need.

I just need to figure out what to add to viewProd.inc.php from viewCat.inc.php so it will show the catagories products on the individual products page with continued pagination.

-daz