how do u

Hi guys im just curious how u set up your about us, terms, contact us and all that as i am really unsure on what to put, any info u could give would be great

thanks

I use a helpdesk mod for the contact us, and prior to that I used a nice contact form mod. For the terms and conditions, I used some text that was offered freely on the web, then I added to it and edited it accordingly. You are welcome to take any of the text from my terms and conditions page and use as it suits you.

I can't give a link to the site here, so if you want a link please ask via PM or check my profile.

Truthfully, I went browsing to a lot of ecommerce sites and read what they had then modified, combined, etc to something I liked. The terms were the hardest.

Contact and About Us is pretty straight forward really. Just rewrite until you are happy with it.

It dawned on me that Vrakas had actually posted a link to the free legal documents page that many of us used a couple years ago, so I looked in his post Most Common Problems and Questions, almost all Answered Here . . .

And the link was there, "free legal documents," but the link is bad now :)

• 4 weeks later...
Guest webicon

Hi Evo,

If you are in the UK, businesslink.co.uk have free sample website terms and conditions and privacy policy- type the following into Google to find: 'sample website terms'.

For your 'terms of sale' you should ensure that you comply with UK Distance selling Regulations - guidance given by DTI - again search google for: 'dti distance selling contract'